PDA

View Full Version : Cobia And Snapper Off Noosa

Goldfinch
31-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Headed out last Monday through the Noosa bar for my second session since moving up from Brissy. Pistol_P was kind enough to give me some local tips and ideas of where to fish so my co-pilot Pete and I headed to Sunshine Wide. We found some action in the water around 5am and after dropping some plastics with 2oz lead for a few minutes Pete got smashed and after a good 10 minute fight landed a nice 7kg Cobia. All went quiet so we explored some new areas but could only find bottom pickers. After lunch we headed back up river to pick up Pistol_Pete for an arvo session. We headed to a couple of spots and then hit the shallows for some sport on the placcies. Co-pilot Pete was soon on again and after 15 mins we got a look at a nice Cobia around 15kg. Pete was fishing 4kg gear and 16lb leader and after bringing it to the boat 4 times it finally got the better of him. Lucky Cobia!!! We moved again as sunset loomed and found a nice spot in 17m with some bait close to the surface. We got a few nibbles, saw a massive cobe pass the boat so I put my rod in the rod holder, dropped a pillie out and in less than a minute my rod in the holder with the soft plastic goes screaming off. I gave it some stick to keep in off the shallow bottom thinking it might be a cobia but was soon delighted to see a nice 5kg snapper surface next to the boat. In the esky she went and back through the bar on last night we went. I great session, beautiful day with whales putting on great shows everywhere. Thanks again to Pistol_Pete for the local knowledge. Couple of pics attached. Cheers, Dave

MattChew
31-10-2011, 01:21 PM
Nice work Dave. Welcome back with a nice Snap.
Ta
Matt

thelump
31-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Nice work. Pity about the bigger Cobe.

TimD
31-10-2011, 08:47 PM
Good fish Dave and Pete :thumbsup:

cheers tim :)

malby
03-11-2011, 08:41 PM
73083Well done Dave and Pete. Sounds like a great start to your adventures in paradise! I live down in the Caboolture area and generally head up to Mooloolaba or Caloundra to go outside (in the old 16 foot quinny with a 50 merc and which weighed nothing). My new boat (for me anyway) is a 17 foot Cruise Craft Reef Raider with a 90 merc and I just wondered, how would I go getting through the bar up there at present? How was your experience and how big/what kind is your boat? Strange, I fished with a guy named Pistol Pete in NSW once or twice. I will attach a pic of his boat. No relation I'm guessing??