PDA

View Full Version : 1770 day trip

Giffo65
30-10-2011, 09:07 PM
The weather looked good,so we decided on a day trip to 1770 from Bundy.My deckie turned up at my place at 3am (Damn I regret those rums last night ).About an hour and a half later we were at 1770 boat ramp, greeted by a 5 knot NE breeze,a cracker of a day.A 20 k trip across the bay in the 4.5m Polycraft to outer rock off Bustard head,put out the lures and 2 Pike and started to troll around the rock,not much action for a while and then on a close pass of the rock, I thought I had a snag but it let go,so I wind in the Pike and it almost gets to the boat and it takes off like a rocket,whoo hoo first Spanish for the day.Did some bottom bashing but no luck,A heap of bright green and brown coral spawn in the water,don't know if this had anything to do with the quiet bite.A few hours later we changed to trolling pike again,dropped the first bait in the water,getting second bait ready and I am on again, to my deckies disgust.So 2 nice Spanish,6 and 7 kg,not huge but tasty(just had some).

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/images/misc/pencil.png

Giffo65
30-10-2011, 09:08 PM
What a mess of a thread that is ! I need more Puda skills.

TREVELLY
31-10-2011, 05:18 AM
Thanks for the update and report Giffo.

Macks off 1770 and reported off North End of Fraser. Wonder if they have made it South to Noosa yet?

Enjoy your catch - nice on a barbie.

XtremeBoony
01-11-2011, 03:17 PM
couple of nice spanno's there....well done mate and thanks for the report

cheers from boony

Back In Black
01-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Trevelly,
They haven't hit Noosa yet, or I should say haven't been caught yet. A mate was off North Reef on Sat & had a huge Spanish going around his boat. He threw pillies around & it scoffed every one. As soon as he threw in a hooked pilly, he ignored it. No wonder he was that big!
Tony