PDA

View Full Version : Pin bar

preso
30-10-2011, 08:59 AM
With the forcast yesterday, it was decided that a first attempt at the Pin bar was in order. We left Cabbage Tree Point at around 4am, at the pin at 4.10. Stopped and looked for a while, ebb tide, flat as. It never got shallower than 3m on the way out, beautfull.
A quick trip up to sullies to bag out on trag and a few snapper. Saw a few whales and lots of dolphins. Made the call to go back in before the tide got high at around 9.30. Sat at the bar for a while, picked a bigger swell and followed it in, no problem.
Trolled up a couple of flatties and back to the ramp about midday. The two mates caught all the trag. I didnt touch a bait and caught all the snapper and flatties, got to be happy with that;D.
All in all a great day out.

Cheers Preso

Scalem
30-10-2011, 12:40 PM
Sounds like a good trip and a very sensible approach to taking on a bar for the 1st time. Well done Preso

Scalem

Captain Seaweed
30-10-2011, 05:51 PM
we were out and about and think we saw you guys, we went out the bar around 6.30am but came in around 10.30.

Got a horse pearly but was restricted to time as we were heading to a wedding in the boat at Couran Point.

preso
03-11-2011, 05:58 AM
Yeh, thanks Scalem. Always err on the side of caution, especially a bar I havent crossed before. We also donned the pfds as I had seen a few well known Ausfishers almost come to greif on spb due to steering failure.
Capt Seaweed, we were drifting around Sullies mostly. PS my kind of wedding LOL

liltuffy
03-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Hey Preso where abouts is the channel at the moment, I haven't been through there for a while but I'm planning on going back through real soon.

Craig

preso
04-11-2011, 06:20 AM
Craig, from the bottom of Nth Staddie, head sth east, pretty easy to see.

ddobson
04-11-2011, 08:17 PM
Well done preso. We were out there last sunday and found goog show of bait but nothing biting and flatty at the mouth as well. Cheers DD.....

lightsout76
04-11-2011, 10:48 PM
Nice work there Preso the Pin can get pretty tricky at times but always good when it's flat.
Captain Seaweed, love the dedication duck out for a quick fish before a wedding...... AWESOME!;D