PDA

View Full Version : Snapper and Trag off the Gold Coast

seastorm
29-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Went for a fish of the Gold Coast today, I went out with my neighbor down the road (Owen) he is an Ex Vietnam Vet who lives by himself and had not been offshore fishing in 20 years. We went out through the Seaway at around 5am and headed north to a patch of reef my mate fished on Monday for a feed of Trag and Snapper. Well the weather was perfect and we made quick time to spot X. When we got there the sounder lite up and on the first drop Owens landed his first ever Trag at 55cm to see the smile on his face made my day. It only took about an hour and we had bagged out on Trag, so the decision was made to head to the 36’s in search of Snapper. Throughout the week I had been talking to Sean from PE Tackle about his Bucktooth Jigs and told him that they don’t work so he gave me a few pointers on how to use them, so with this new information I came across a good bit of ground on the 36’s that looked like it would hold Snapper. So down with the Bucktooth Jig and up with a 75cm PB snapper, then not long after a 58cm model hits the deck. We worked our way back to the Seaway and hit the boat ramp around 1pm with the kill tank full and smiles on both our faces. So for dinner tonight I have fish and humble pie, thanks Sean for the advice the Bucktooth jigs do work.

TREVELLY
29-10-2011, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the report ss- I suppose the other lesson learnt for future is to just say you have had no luck and ask for tips or pointers.

Good of you to share a trip with a neighbour and making his day too.

vertico
30-10-2011, 06:32 AM
top stuff mate, told you there were snappers out there :P

thelump
30-10-2011, 06:38 AM
Nice work on the PB mate. Good fish

Adam_G
30-10-2011, 07:36 AM
good one mate, would have been very nice yesterday.
Adam

MJBARTZY
19-11-2011, 01:28 PM
What were ya doin at charris fish markets at 1.15 ?