PDA

View Full Version : a few fish

rosco1974
29-10-2011, 04:44 PM
left manly at 4.30 with a few mates this morning and headed out to the 33's bar was flat as.got to the 33s and the current was running from the south to the north which made it har to fish as there was absolutly no drift at all we struggled on with very few hittin the box,we went for a look out the 35's but was nothing out there either so off to the 29's for a look b4 heading home,got a few more squire there and a pearlie,biggest snapp went high 60's and the pearlie was just legal.was a tough day at the office but still got enough for a feed. se got 5 squiry snapps and a perlie,conditions offshore had glassed out when we headed for home at 11, kept these for a feed tonite with my rellies,will be cooked whole on the bbq.7293872939
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/images/misc/pencil.png

TimD
29-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Good to see you get a few small fish rosco :P

cheers tim :)

rosco1974
29-10-2011, 06:18 PM
yeah all good mate,fresh fish again instead of the old nuc chicken sanga's u normally eat after a fish.lol

TimD
29-10-2011, 06:27 PM
yeah all good mate,fresh fish again instead of the old nuc chicken sanga's u normally eat after a fish.lol

You mean Threadfin sanga's :thumbsup:

rosco1974
29-10-2011, 06:36 PM
u mean u actually got a fish in the boat tim,bloody hell mate i must of had a real shocker if even u got 1.was very quiet offshore today mate i even thought boat the soft plastics but couldn't bring myself to throw 1 out

Horse
29-10-2011, 06:38 PM
It certainly was a hard day at the office. The conditions were so good I knocked up a few miles on a solo trip and targeted 4 species. Techniques included live baits, dead baits, high speed trolling, Trolling livies, plastics and eventually Lucanus Jigs that put a couple of Pearlies and a nice Blackspot Pigfish in the box. I hit the southern bait grounds, the Group, the Wave Rider (twice), some ground in 110m and the Cathedrals. A lot of work for a few fish

thelump
29-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Yeah it was pretty ordinary out there. I would prefer crappy conditions and fish instead of great conditions and no fish. We ended up with 6 Trag and 3 Pearlies for a very long day. Still a feed but not one legal snap entered the boat. Great shows of fish on every spot but nothing biting.

rosco1974
29-10-2011, 07:35 PM
nice feed though horse you got,love eating pearlies and pigfish aint too bad either

rosco1974
29-10-2011, 07:38 PM
the lump, we had some of the best shows but hardly raised a scale out of them,was a strange day out there

TimD
29-10-2011, 07:59 PM
u mean u actually got a fish in the boat tim,bloody hell mate i must of had a real shocker if even u got 1.was very quiet offshore today mate i even thought boat the soft plastics but couldn't bring myself to throw 1 out

Mate i put 2 threadies in the esky today, didn't bother taking pic's of the small 68cm one though, there not worth bragging about unless there 1 metre +

Offshore SP fishing has been really slow lately, i'm not too bothered though as its almost trolling season :thumbsup:

timddo
29-10-2011, 08:30 PM
Good catch rosco. Can't wait to get outside.

Fresh fish is always better then sop brought fish.

thelump
30-10-2011, 06:35 AM
Mate i put 2 threadies in the esky today, didn't bother taking pic's of the small 68cm one though, there not worth bragging about unless there 1 metre +

Offshore SP fishing has been really slow lately, i'm not too bothered though as its almost trolling season :thumbsup:

How do those threadies go on the plate Tim? I often wondered about their eating quality down here as opposed to the ones up North.

TimD
30-10-2011, 08:18 AM
How do those threadies go on the plate Tim? I often wondered about their eating quality down here as opposed to the ones up North.

Mate i don't eat fish myself (it all tastes like crap to me) but i have heard its better than Jew, Snapper, Cod etc

Horse
30-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Rosco, what sort of depths did you come across on the outerbank of the northern channel on the low. I ran just north of the Rufus and found water that was around 14'+ all the way.

thelump
30-10-2011, 11:06 AM
Rosco, what sort of depths did you come across on the outerbank of the northern channel on the low. I ran just north of the Rufus and found water that was around 14'+ all the way.

Not a bad little channel that one eh Neil! Good leading up to Mack season if it hangs in there.

rosco1974
30-10-2011, 12:10 PM
didn't look to be honest neil,last time i went through on dead low a few weeks ago it was around the 3mtr mark was a .08 low that day.was a bit hard yesterday as we where doing around 32knots through the bar was that flat
cheers rosco

Horse
30-10-2011, 12:16 PM
Not a bad little channel that one eh Neil! Good leading up to Mack season if it hangs in there.

Yea thanks for the tip. My previous chanel was getting very shallow last season.

madmackrel
30-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Good work mate , thought you were going to try jiggin up some kingies.
Cheers Perry

TimD
30-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Good work mate , thought you were going to try jiggin up some kingies.
Cheers Perry

rosco's a pilchard man, he wont convert to the dark side using lures ;D

ozassassin
31-10-2011, 07:43 AM
Well all have to say is, good on anyone having the chance to get out over the weekend, even if it was for a few fish, is still better then being stuck at home working in the yard.

Eric

Bull
31-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Well all have to say is, good on anyone having the chance to get out over the weekend, even if it was for a few fish, is still better then being stuck at home working in the yard.

Eric

Yep Im with you Eric. I did all my yard work yesterday and believe it or not I would of rathered been out fishing.

Cheers Bull

fishfeeder
31-10-2011, 12:26 PM
It must have been the weekend for yard work, I spent Saturday mowing and fertilizing then Painting a Paling fence... Sunday I had to help the Sister and Brother inlaw at there kids swimming carnival, 250 Beef patties, 10 dozen eggs, countless KG's of Snags and Onions... Never got out of there to after 4.30, Put it this way I WONT be cooking a BBQ for quite a while !!

Anyway nice fish Rosco you did it again on the snaps.

Cheers
Brett

rosco1974
31-10-2011, 06:55 PM
nah perry i am going to come out with you to jig some kingies,need some tips i think,prob should of give it a go out there though as it would of been a change,
hey tim i got some plastics and even some lures somewhere,hell i even got some knife jigs but the are too pretty to loose.