PDA

View Full Version : Transducer mount with alloy pod

Brightsbane
28-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Hi all,

I have just acquired a 17ft Sportsman Craft with an alloy pod. After towing it a couple of times I've noticed that the boat has moved on the trailer so obvious need to review the roller setup. When I had a closer look at the transducer, I noticed that it is tilted up and has had an impact. I'd say that it has hit one of the guides when the previous owner has winched it on.
From looking at it I'd say it's probably not in a good position anyway, I'm wondering if I should mount it on to the back of the pod?
Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Peter.

LittleSkipper
28-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Hi Peter

In my opinion it appears you only need to move the transducer further along from where it is already mounted to where that pointy part of the keel is but not to close it, so it will avoid hitting that blue guide that is directly in-line with the transducer when winching the boat back onto the trailer. I would also be curious to know if the transducer makes any contact with that blue guide when launching also? Just my thought anyway! Good Luck with whatever decision you make.

Regards
Wayne.

deckie
28-10-2011, 10:32 PM
Knocking on that blue skid at the back when coming up on the trailer ?

I;d be taking it off anyway...coz i seriously doubt even one of those screw for the trannie or cable mounts has been done with an ounce of sealant.

LittleSkipper
29-10-2011, 08:32 AM
Most certainly looks like the transducer is making contact with the blue trailer guide on it's way up the trailer and possibly down but not sure on that one.Looking at the pic it appears the boat is not even sitting on the guide/s.Just use a generous amount of Marine Sikaflex when re-fitting.

Cheers
Wayne.

Brightsbane
29-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Centred the boat this afternoon with the help of a mate by lifting it back onto the skids. The keel rollers towards the back are not taking any weight which I don't think is right so will be making some adjustments tomorrow.
Definitely going to have to move the transducer as the blue guides at the back are in the way. Will probably move it across a bit as Wayne suggested or onto the back of the pod. I'm not even sure if those guides are supposed to be taking any weight or not?
I was hoping to hear from some owners of boats with pods to see where they mount the transducer.
Deckie, the screws are sealed but probably could use a bit more so will do it when I move the trans.

Thanks for the replys.