PDA

View Full Version : boaties market sunday 30th october

netmaker
26-10-2011, 12:00 AM
just a reminder the boaties market is on again this sunday at victoria point state school grounds (cnr of school road and colburn avenue). kicks off at 5am but quite a few turn up earlier to nab bargains. all stuff boating and fishing - gold coin donation to vmr entry fee.
see you there

Mad one.
26-10-2011, 12:20 AM
Is the 31st a Monday?

wayno60
26-10-2011, 12:33 AM
yer this one if for all the guys on RDO's

netmaker
26-10-2011, 12:36 AM
um, just make it this sunday. i see i posted right on 12. thought it was still tuesday. sorry.

Marlin_Mike
26-10-2011, 05:19 AM
See you there. I will have a table selling off some stuff.

Mike

theoldlegend
26-10-2011, 05:24 AM
Are the Breaker Girls gunna be there?

TOL

Matt76
26-10-2011, 04:16 PM
Excellent I have never been, looking forward to it.

Tangles
27-10-2011, 05:38 PM
TOL

what time are you getting there?

dayoo
27-10-2011, 05:48 PM
I'll have a stand there with Frank the fishing machine. I'll have all my successful lures and jigheads as well as all sizes of dropper and ball sinkers at bargain prices. Suppose I better bring some super glow 1oz, 2oz and 3oz egg sinkers just in case Rosco1974 and his mates turn up;D

Cheers
Barry

theoldlegend
27-10-2011, 06:25 PM
Mike,

At this stage I'm looking at 6.00am, but it never seems to work out that way. Most of the good stuff seems to go early.

Barry, if you've got any stuff in hot pink, and Phill's there, he'll probably take the lot off your hands.

TOL

Marlin_Mike
27-10-2011, 07:38 PM
See you there gentlemen, I will have a stall, not alot to get rid of, just some odds and ends, may as well get a few bucks in for it.

Mike

Tangles
27-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Barry

keep a few of those sinkers up your sleeve mate in case TOL is around as he isnt good at haggling,

theoldlegend
28-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Aw, I dunno Mike?

That bloke took $30 off that Alvey because I was humming and hahing.

TOL

tropicrows
28-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Forgot all about it, thanks for the reminder.
If the calendar is free I'll pop down for a look and grab a bargain. I will were my Ausfish M&G shirt so be sure to say hi.

Pero
28-10-2011, 05:32 PM
I'll be there too. 20% off my nets for Sunday only. Or , a $50 non-refundable deposit with the remainder due by 1st December. Got a few coming down already. See you,s there.

Pero
28-10-2011, 05:35 PM
Oops, and forgot-What a great cause.
We hope we never meet up with VMR on the water, but, its comforting to have them around and- they are VOLUNTEERS! Will be giving them far more than a gold coin donation. Good onya VMR, can't wait to support you!

dayoo
30-10-2011, 01:07 PM
What a great day. Arrived about 4.20am with about 20 sellers lined up in front of me.
Gates opened about 4.50am. First hour was slow but didn't it hot up.

Sold plenty of hotlips jigs, big eye jigheads and sinkers. Popgun19 arrived about 8am (slept in) with a handful of rods and reels and also had a great day.

Met plenty of Ausfish regulars including Augisto, Marlin Mike, Tropical Crows, The old legend, Netmaker and a stack of others whose Ausfish names are lost in the old brain.

Will be back in March next year for the next boaties market.

Cheers
Barry

theoldlegend
30-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Was good to meet up with you Barry. Those Hot Lips jigs in the Pink Hussar colour really look the goods and i'm very keen to give them a go. Think I'll match a 4000 to the Berkley Dropshot BDS751 rod I picked up.

Met up with Marlin Mike, Mowerman, and Bull, although Aigutso was conspicuous by his absence. I've never seen anybody so conspicuous by not being there.

Had a good time walking around and talking crap with Marlin Mike.

TOL

Marlin_Mike
30-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Was good to meet up with you Barry. Those Hot Lips jigs in the Pink Hussar colour really look the goods and i'm very keen to give them a go. Think I'll match a 4000 to the Berkley Dropshot BDS751 rod I picked up.

Met up with Marlin Mike, Mowerman, and Bull, although Aigutso was conspicuous by his absence. I've never seen anybody so conspicuous by not being there.

Had a good time walking around and talking crap with Marlin Mike.

TOL

Late bulletin TOL.............Aigutso turned up mate. And talked crap with me??????????????? Well maybe a little bit......::):D.

Bull
30-10-2011, 03:24 PM
It was good to catch up with some Ausfishers that I had'nt met yet. I bought a few goodies from Barry and I will try and see if I can catch a few fish with them.

My youngest boy Mitchell was pretty worried when Marlin Mike stuck a 4 sale sticker on his forehead lol.

It was nice chatting to TOL and I hope you managed to sneak the new rod into the shed without getting caught by the minister of finance lol.

Cheers Bull

Jarrah Jack
30-10-2011, 05:01 PM
Imagine Gwenda's garage sale to sell off TOL's gear. $2 for this, that one was his most expensive, twenty dollars then. Very little use but well presented. Line wound on perfectly. Then someone like Finga would come along and inform her what it's all worth.:o:o:(:-[>:(;D;D

Mine wouldn't be much different, neverlone the boats.:o

Tangles
30-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Hey TOL,

Mate, I was working back late so didnt get there early,,, but Dayoo's stand got a workover, he was complaining that he would have to do some more at the end

Horse
30-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Good to hear Barry was busy. He produces a freat product

theoldlegend
31-10-2011, 06:20 AM
Hey TOL,

Mate, I was working back late so didnt get there early,,, but Dayoo's stand got a workover, he was complaining that he would have to do some more at the end

That must have been after you saw him Mike.

TOL

dayoo
31-10-2011, 09:06 AM
[/COLOR][/B]

That must have been after you saw him Mike.

TOL

Mike needed a forklift to transport the years supply of tackle to his car;D
I told him that I would have to work my ass off to replentish my stock of hotlips, jigheads and sinkers;D

Cheers
Barry

Pero
31-10-2011, 01:07 PM
I will second that, Dayoo. Great cause and a great Day. I sold 9 nets and Saw a good variety of Fishing gear on display. I still haven't worked out what that "Skinny" Tinny (was on sale) would be Ideal for though. It was a pearler. Bondy99 wouldn't fit into it. lol;D;D;D;D;D

Marlin_Mike
31-10-2011, 04:40 PM
I will second that, Dayoo. Great cause and a great Day. I sold 9 nets and Saw a good variety of Fishing gear on display. I still haven't worked out what that "Skinny" Tinny (was on sale) would be Ideal for though. It was a pearler. Bondy99 wouldn't fit into it. lol;D;D;D;D;D

Wasn't that skinny tinny a Blue Fin if I remember rightly? Not what you would call a beamy boat was it??????????????

PinHead
31-10-2011, 05:25 PM
I can see it now..Barry skipping away with a pocketful of cash and Mike slowly lumbering away with half a ton of lead in his hands. Now Mike, it does not all have to go in the boat on each trip...you will wonder why the gunwhales are so close to the water.

I live just down the road from you Barry..I have an 8 x 5 dual axle trailer you can borrow for the next market..just charge Mike a bit extra for home delivery.

I bet Barry now knows about Mike being a tackle junkie.

Tangles
31-10-2011, 05:32 PM
The woolies bag did break, and Dayoo's jigs and flys look the goods,

thelump
31-10-2011, 05:51 PM
Yeah I grabbed some of Barries 1oz glow in the dark jobbies. Looking forward to giving them a whirl. Does anyone know the person that was selling the Quintrex open tinny? I think it was a Hunter?? About 15ft with a 50 Yammy 2 Stroke on the back. A mate of mine is interested after I told him about it but was too late getting there and I didnt get any details.

PinHead
31-10-2011, 06:03 PM
it is lucky that TOL and Aigutso were not there at the same time..would be more tackles than the rugby world cup with those two vying for the gear on sale.

Mike..waddya reckon..we gotta get TOL down to the Murray Cod place for a weekend...he would love it.

Tangles
31-10-2011, 07:06 PM
I think he would, and he need to get some spinnerbaits, that would keep him very busy, what to be buy, which rod to take off the wall, which one to put back up,,, then the decisions regarding which reel and what to spool it with,,very important decisions to consider and reconsider over a cuppa or a DDD in the shed