PDA

View Full Version : You've had a nice day out and this happens!

URAGANGI
24-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Sunday my mate and I spent some free time at Cook Island looking for the first of the season macks. Plenty of birds on the wing, but nothing on the chew. The Weather was good the water looked inviting, but the cupboard was bare. On the first couple of hours during last light, we were both bottom bashing. Not even a bump was given back. The run was strong, so home looked like the better option.

Anyway back at the ramp I noticed that my hand brake needs some adjustment...,Hmmm,
I must get that looked at, I thought. Little did I know that later the next day, Yep now I really must get that checked out!!

I've just come home from washing my mates boat, then I've given my truck a bath. While I was getting ready for work, I hear a loud thud then silence. I think nothing of it until it's time too get into my truck. It's not where I last parked it, OH CRAP it's down there. This doesn't and didn't look good.

Folks if your hand brake is a Little bit suspect check it out. Thank god I didn't have my mate's SeaJay Haven on the Back.

Cheers
Viper.

PinHead
24-10-2011, 06:51 PM
ouch!!!! didn't you leave it in gear?

tunaticer
24-10-2011, 06:54 PM
How did the air feel when you realised what the noise was?

charleville
24-10-2011, 07:00 PM
Damn!

Ya gotta leave them in gear.

Mind you, that does not always work either. I left a 30 cwt truck in gear on a steep hill once and forgot to pull on the hand brake. When I came back later, there was the truck very slowly rolling backwards down the hill a short jerk at a time.

It was obviously turning over the motor because the motor compression was not enough to stop it dead.

Luckily, there was nothing behind the truck and no damage nor injury was done.

URAGANGI
24-10-2011, 07:18 PM
Since she's at least 18 years old, the first gear sometimes jumps out. The hand brake was on, but obviously not enough. Dinted pride and a talk with the insurance Guru's, is tomorrows agenda. Luckly my SS ute is ready for back up.
It's a crap way too take a sicky, as my boss loved the pic's..., Shame...., Shame..., Shame.

And yes lucky that no one was injured by the runaway Hilux, as next door parks there cars just across from my place.
cheers,
Gavin

Jarrah Jack
24-10-2011, 08:42 PM
Damn!

Luckily, there was nothing behind the truck and no damage nor injury was done.

Must have been in your younger days then.............................................. ..

URAGANGI
24-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Interesting I'm waiting on that reply as well.
cheers,
Viper.

gazza2006au
29-10-2011, 06:43 AM
your lucky the car didnt run over any kids

fishfeeder
31-10-2011, 03:45 PM
Sorry Viper about the damage but that is so funny and bet the mates never let you live that one down !!

Gazza, going by your response, I guess its unlucky Julia Gillard and Anna Bligh weren't having a picnic under the tree.....