PDA

View Full Version : The deckies day

thelump
24-10-2011, 06:01 AM
Well what a day the Deckie had yesterday. We left Redland bay at 4am and got to the SPB at 445 ready to cross the Amity end. The sea was a bit confused but no waves breaking. We then punched our way down South to our marks. First drop and both onto smallish snaps. We put a couple in the box and moved around a bit before the deckie found his Mojo. All I heard was a groaning sound to look around and see him well loaded up on a good fish. After a few tense moments the net was quickly dropped for the gaf and his biggest Jew to date was in the boat. It went 13Kg. He then proceeded to get 3 Pbs in a row of snap. First went 65 then a 69 then one that was just on 70. Could not wipe the smile off his face all day.
All fish caught floatlining the humble pilly with a 6ball.

Horse
24-10-2011, 06:17 AM
The good old floatlined pilly seems to be scoring well at the moment. Its always feels good to get your deckie onto some nice fish. He won't forget those for a while

rosco1974
24-10-2011, 06:26 AM
nice feed mate well done,the floatlining pillie is the way i have been gettin my fish

ozassassin
24-10-2011, 10:25 AM
Good going there mate, it's always good to get to your spot, and have your craw get on to some nice fish builds the confidence for the rest for the day, well done.

Eric

honda900
24-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Well deserved cheesy grin..

Regards
HOnda.

thelump
24-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Well deserved cheesy grin..

Regards
HOnda.

Yeah couldnt get it off the bastard all day!

champion
24-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Nice work Lump.... we heard you call it on the radio.
It really was shit out there on Sunday.

Joe

URAGANGI
24-10-2011, 08:13 PM
Hail the good old floating pilly silent yet deadly. It's funny hey, when your mate latches onto a good fish and brings it on board. After the celebratory Yee Hars, and back slappin, comes the cheesy grin of who's next, type of thing. Heads down and hold on, love that stuff.
Well done deckie and skipper.
cheers,
Gavin.