PDA

View Full Version : ordinary conditions but a feed 23/10/11

rosco1974
23-10-2011, 12:07 PM
took the missus and youngfella out for a fish this morning,left manly around 5 and headed across a reasonably flat bay,got to the bar with the other 6 or 7 heading and on approch the northern channel bar was a bit ordnary to say the least but still easy enough to go through although did get 1 wave what what was around 3mtrs on the back bank but not breaking so all good,punched out the the 33's in 1.5mtr swell whti the bigger set of 2mtrs rolling through was a very confused swell,set the missus up with the light gear and bugger me if she doesn't get smashed on 1st drop called it for a snapp straight away so she was excited.pulled up her 1st keeper snapp which went 63cm not a bad way to start with,anyway the next drift we put a couple more in the box and the 3rd drift i got smashed only to get bitten off bout 20mtrs from the boat we had 1 more drift then called it quits,ended up with 3 snapp 2 squire and a pearlie, coming back through the bar at 9 was a bit hairy breaking waves right through the bar,days like this am glad i have the cat boy the love the rough stuff
cheers rosco727197272172720

jason p
23-10-2011, 01:16 PM
fresh fish for dinner tonight mate. now i see you got all the fam dripping those fish in the house;). im so itching to get out on the water, but i got the floor up over the feul tank waiting on replacement and a service to be had:(.maybe next week,or the week after::).

jp

cobiaman
23-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Well done rosco, nice lookin feed mate

wags on the water
23-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Great effort Rosco and glad you came home with a feed.

Cheers,
Wags

rosco1974
23-10-2011, 04:22 PM
jp
,have got them trained to lean over the big eskie as well mate.lol
cobiaman,
nice feed considering how long we fished for
wags ,
had a workmate out in his boat he fished for an hr didn't loose a bait had his son and 2 of his mates spewing there ass out so had to come in long way to go for an hrs fishing,

ozassassin
23-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Good to see you got your self a feed there rosco.

I went out on Saturday with my younger boy, headed over to the bait grounds south, got loaded up then headed over to boat rock got on to some nice yellow tail. headed over to the 35's well it's the first time i have ever air born my boat not just once or twice ether, my young feller got a big kick out of it, he could not believe that a boat that size could clear the water by that much.
Headed back across the south passage bar by 14:00 with a nice mixed catch of snapper, kingies and pearlies.
Sorry rosco, i never seen you out there to come over to say G'day mate, next time.

Eric

Horse
23-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Another good feed there Rosco. I made the call to give it a mis today. It didn't look like the place a 5m boat should have been playing around in

Bull
23-10-2011, 06:21 PM
I ended up having a fish at Curtain and got nothing but throw backs, then up to Bulwer Ledge and only got 4 Squire.

Cheers Bull

rosco1974
23-10-2011, 06:29 PM
yeah was pretty ordinary out there ,sounds like a good day out bull,least u didn't get tossed around,nah neil not at all although there was a few 5mtr boats heading out,
eric a nice feed u got yesterday by the sounds of it.and yeah my youngfella loves it when the cat gets airborn sits there with a grin from cheek to cheek.

Vitamin Sea
23-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Nice work Rosco, mate you are getting some use out of the boat, good stuff.

Cheers

Bill

rosco1974
23-10-2011, 08:05 PM
yeah bill i know its good isn't it,but i guess i used my last 1 a fair bit as well

Scalem
23-10-2011, 08:29 PM
Good going Rosco, I am surprised conditions were worse than Yesterday. Might be a broken Mojo I need to fix if you got fish today, and I didn't Yesterday.... Mind you I didn't have any good luck charms on board ( aka wife) and i even tried the 1oz glow sinkers Barry has. Did you fish with more weight this time?

Scalem

popgun19
23-10-2011, 10:51 PM
We left fishermans island at lunchtime today (3 pob) dropped 5 pots between Green and St. Helena (near isolated danger marker in about 5m of water) and then headed for the 33's by the time we arrived it was close to 3pm, in 2 1/2 hours we fished a few spots on the 33'3 and a few spots near round patch for 1 sargent baker, conditions were ordinary all afternoon. Heard on the radio on the way out that they stopped biting around 8 am.

Picked up the pots on the way home for 7 keepers. We threw back a dozen females full of eggs, and a few male just unders. Not sure if we were in the right spot for the sandies but a feed anyway. Thanks Rosco for a general area heads up for the sandies.

Cheers,

Brian

rosco1974
24-10-2011, 06:32 AM
scalem,
i still used the 1 once glow sinkers,was getting to the bottom ok but had to let out a bit more line,

brian,
try between the 1st and 2nd marker between green and st hellena in about 5.5mtrs or water,the fish went quiet around 8 as u said,which was strange as this is when they have been coming on the bite in the last few weeks
cheer rosco

thelump
24-10-2011, 07:31 AM
Nice first keeper for the Mrs mate. I bet she was chuffed. It was a bit crappy out there eh but we came back across the bar at the amity end at 12 and it was the smoothest section I had driven on all day! Nice little channel just north of the Rufus King at the moment.

fishfeeder
24-10-2011, 09:23 AM
Rosco, nice feed for such a short time fishing, you have the snapper sorted that's for sure.

Robtarr and I fished all day and found it really slow with just enough for a few feeds making it into the esky. Had a Dolphin grab every live bait dropped for about 20min, I have no idea how it could pull line and not get hooked when running a 2 hook snelled rig.
Anyway it was good to get back out on the water even with the messy conditions.

Cheers
Brett