PDA

View Full Version : Fishing 1770 at the start of October.

lightsout76
19-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Did the Annual family camping trip to 1770 for the week from the 8th to the 15th of October and did a bit of fishing while we were there.

Sunday saw us doing a couple of last minute maintenance jobs on the boat that took up most of the day, so first day out was monday.
Kicked off at 5am and made our way out towards the Fitzy area heading into a short northerly swell but otherwise glassy sea fished the innerwides on the way out for a few hussar and a 40cm coral cod, dunno how big they get but it's the biggest one i've got.

Shot out to the western side of Fitzy to find a bit of ground got a few pan size RTEs and lost a few rigs to bigger stuff and some noahs but oterwise a pretty slow day.

Solenoid went on my motor so spent Tuesday dodging up a bit of a temporary solution and of course tuesday's weather was a cracker which made it very frustrating.
Wednesday we made the choice to shoot out to Musgrave into a pretty lumpy N/Easterly.

Sounded around for a while, whilst trying to avoid the monstrosity of GREEN out that way but managed to find some good looking stuff in about 40m of water and got into a pretty hot session which lasted a good few hours and made the effort worth the trouble, no monsters but got a good mixed bag of RTE, maori cod, tuskies, a 3kg trout, got a double header on the one of the PE tackle RED ZEBRA flies of RTE and a 3.9kg Grassy and 1 Red that went 4.4kg, of course he's not as big as some of the monsters that make an apperance on Ausfish but the first legal one too make it into my boat so even though i didn't get it i was happy all the same.
We did lose more rigs on other fish and noahs but got a few also.

Had a day in with the family on Thursday to get the browie points back up and headed out friday into a N/Easterly washing machine so trolled for a couple of mac tuna til it dropped of a bit then headed to the outer wides for nothing but hussar and sharks one of about 7 to 8ft that spiraled about 2m out of the water busting me off.
fishing was pretty crap friday but glassed out so still a nice day on the water.

Overall great trip away with the fam and a few days fishing thrown in too, look forward to doin it again.

Cheers,
Leon.

Bull
19-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the report and pics Leon. It certainly is one hell of a nice place up there isnt it.

Playtime
19-10-2011, 05:27 PM
Great stuff, and nice fish. Great to see the combination of a family friendly holiday with some great fishing. 1770 - Nice part of the world.

jtpython
19-10-2011, 07:44 PM
Very nice mixed bag mate and any sized red is a good red legal that is . Tops work
JT

cobiaman
19-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Nice pics of a beautiful place!

vertico
19-10-2011, 09:44 PM
very nice mate well done on your captures
sean

Millsydude
20-10-2011, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the report Leon, nice mixed bag there mate, and a good feed too. Thats a nice grassy mate.

cheers Millsy

lightsout76
20-10-2011, 10:05 AM
Thanks heaps guys.... sure is a nice place up there, i just can't get there enough.

Thanks for the gear Sean worked a treat!!
Leon.