PDA

View Full Version : Blue Fin Scoundrel 4.2

=Wookie=
16-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Hi All,

Just in the process of grabbing a new tinnie for estuary and bay fishing. I was at the dealers the other day and the Blue Fin Scoundrel 4.2 caught my eye.

http://www.bluefinboats.com.au/scoundrel.htm

If anyone has one I would be keen on your thoughts, I can't seem to find any reviews on them.

Cheers,
Mike

Dan5
16-10-2011, 02:40 PM
I had the 4.5 warrior...it was a great little boat and well made and can't see a problem with this one either.
Having the 3mm bottom would be an advatage over other boats in this class i would reckon.

Do they have an underfloor tank?........i'd be opting for one if they do.

Dan

=Wookie=
16-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the feedback Dan, no underfloor tank option on that one unfortunately.

squid viscous
22-10-2011, 12:00 PM
Hi Mike,
I Have a 4.2 scoundrel with 30 merc 2stk Im getting 50kmh out of her on a calm day. I have put the fuel tank under the casting deck and ran the fuel line under floor, to get some weight up the front and keep the deck space uncluttered. I'm very happy with the boat, I looked at many brands but went for the bluefin because of build quality. Mate got 4.2 stacer and said the scoundrel is by far an allround better boat. I can solo launch on local boggy beach with swell (make sure you get a bilge pump fitted) you cant bail with flat floor if u take a wave over the bow/stern when beach launching. Its stable at rest and removable pedastool make it very fishable,I spend most of my time standing up fishing now compared to my previous tinny's with thwart seats. 3.5 & 3.8m. If 4.2 is the size your after I dont think you'll be disapointed with this boat.
cheers squid