PDA

View Full Version : boat loading systems

stevel3
14-10-2011, 09:09 PM
do these things work ok and do they last

https://www.whitworths.com.au/main_itemdetail.asp?cat=138&item=71300&intAbsolutePage=1

Angla
15-10-2011, 12:11 AM
What do you have at the moment and what are you trying to achieve.

A lot of us have drive on trailers but it does take practice to perfect a drive on manouvre with any boat. and a little more thought in poorer conditions

Cheers
Chris

Fed
15-10-2011, 06:01 AM
I had a set come with my boat and they do give you a bigger target area if you're driving on or loading in bad conditions.
I felt they were making the boat a bit sticky on the trailer and I found people were laughing at me & yelling, "Training wheels!":'(
I'm a wincher so I took them off.

stevel3
15-10-2011, 08:14 AM
my trailer is only very basic and even with another person its hard to try and get the boat to sit on it properly at the rear. Itt is a skid trailer with keel rollers and nothing to help guide it straight, Steve. ps my boat is a 5.1 aluminium runaboat.

Fed
15-10-2011, 08:39 AM
If you're a wincher leave the back roller out of the water.

Malcolm W
15-10-2011, 08:51 AM
5.1 aluminium should winch on fairly easy. How far in the water is your trailer on retrieve? Try retrieving with the trailer out of the water more and let the keel rollers do the work and pull the boat up evenly. It may take a few goes to find the right depth, but when you do remember or put a mark on the mudguards for future depth.

I had one skid trailer and found it hard to get right if the boat was floating at all when it came on.

Currently have these skids for easy beach launching. They centre the keel no matter how uneven the boat comes up on the trailer.