PDA

View Full Version : Importing outboards from the usa

rainbowrascal
13-10-2011, 10:05 AM
I am in the process of importing 2 x Yamaha F70s from the USA. I sourced pricing from local suppliers in the Wide Bay and Sunshine Coast dealerships first and the best prices were around the A$26000.00 mark. I then went to the trouble of sourcing some suppliers from the USA and have found a few who want our business. For the same items which I wanted locally which were 2 x F70s, 2 x Stainless steel Yamaha propellers, 2 x Forward Throttle controls and lastly 2 x tachometers, I was quoted US$15800.00. Okay there is still duties and taxes and freight fees. This will equate to around another $3000.00. So in the end I will be making a saving of some A$7000.00. For those that are interested I will pass on the information to source your own for a small fee, as the ground work has all been done. Just send us an email to jaloga_5@hotmail.com and I will respond to you. I have suppliers and a freight company who will do everything for you or you can do it yourself.

Muddy Toes
13-10-2011, 06:01 PM
G'Day mate sounds like you've come up with the goods with being able to import a new motor.I've been down the same road trying to find a new motor for my boat with a bit of success finding dealers but from what i've found i couldn't make a big enough saving to consider it so i had pretty much decided to buy one locally.....until this thread popped up.
I'm all for saving a buck here and there and helping people out, especially on this forum but one thing i can't bring myself to do is to pay for a bit of info regardless of how much of a saving there might be.It's the principle of the thing....a forum designed for information to be shared.
So if your fair dinkum about helping people out then feel free to post your findings or PM me as i am very interested but i'm sorry mate i won't be paying any fees, nor would i ever consider 'charging' someone for an answer for the many questions i receive about various subjects.
It's your call mate.....no hard feelings if you decide to keep it a secret though.:-X

MackerelMan
13-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Unbelievable!

Steeler
13-10-2011, 06:36 PM
Unbelievable!

a very bemused + 1.

Who can i send the invoice to for this post.

upstart
13-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Well said Muddy.

Jarrah Jack
13-10-2011, 07:36 PM
You're right Muddy. Its not really in the spirit of the forum. I wouldn't mind paying a fee if Rainbow was doing the organizing but not for just contacts.

hilta1
14-10-2011, 05:15 PM
Hope he declares any income derieved by his information to the Tax office!! No wonder he wants to save by buying overseas, Wat a Tight A$$E!!!!

Horse
14-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Maybe we can all start charging for advice. Its not really the Ausfish way is it.

Dignity
14-10-2011, 05:41 PM
or maybe the thread should be moved/pulled to "for Sale"

ranga7
14-10-2011, 06:04 PM
A fee, do you think your the first bloke on ausfish to import a outboard from the U.S. your talking like youv'e stumbled on to something that no-one ever new about. Anyway jump back on post all the info you know in the ausfish/aussie way and hopefully it'll help others

Muddy Toes
16-10-2011, 12:20 AM
So I'm guessing its the secret squirrel choice then:-X:-?::)

Bull
16-10-2011, 09:40 AM
Maybe we can all start charging for advice. Its not really the Ausfish way is it.

I wonder how much I owe you so far horse with all the help and adice youve given me. I picked up the gear I need to plumb up my live bait tanks yesterday.

IMHO thats what this forum is all about sharing and helping like minded boaters and fishers.

Cheers Bull

Mrs Ronnie H
16-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Hi
If anyone wants me to i will find ther invoice and give you some contacts for nothing

Ronnie

JP Marine.com
import of a DF 90 Suzuki-- 10,o43.00 including customs and freight.

rainbowrascal
16-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Typical - Firstly the post WAS PUT UP to help others, if you want me to do the organising I dont mind, I have spent a lot of time and effort sourcing and phoning the USA. The advantages are there for all to see in the savings of importing. However if you are not interested in the offer, keep your criticism to yourself as if this is in the "SPIRIT OF THE FORUM" then why dont you all advertise your secret fishing spots in this spirit !!! Come on then whos first ... Muddy !!!! or anyone else for that matter !!! I might have a long wait then.

Jarrah Jack
16-10-2011, 01:15 PM
I put a mate of mine on to Rainbow who hasn't had any luck finding someone in the US to deal with.

Rainbow went out of his way to be helpful and didn't mention any fee. So thanks for helping my mate out Rainbow, much appreciated. We want to be on the water for the next barra season.;D

Time to let the matter have some rest.

Muddy Toes
16-10-2011, 02:20 PM
Typical - Firstly the post WAS PUT UP to help others, if you want me to do the organising I dont mind, I have spent a lot of time and effort sourcing and phoning the USA. The advantages are there for all to see in the savings of importing. However if you are not interested in the offer, keep your criticism to yourself as if this is in the "SPIRIT OF THE FORUM" then why dont you all advertise your secret fishing spots in this spirit !!! Come on then whos first ... Muddy !!!! or anyone else for that matter !!! I might have a long wait then.
You want my 'secret spot' mate or any other help then all you have to do is ask.I'm not saying i will post it up but i sure will reply by PM.Lets face it....no one wants my spots anyway:P they're not that good.Please don't think it's a personal gripe mate its just that when it comes to importing big ticket and small ticket items for that matter i've done it.Boat, motor, trailers, electronics , fishing gear you name it i've done it at one stage and i'm more than happy to share my experiences and refer dealers and transporters as i have done many a time.I too have have spent quite a lot of money doing my research by means of phone calls, emails, faxes and post but the fact that it was the only way I could do it for myself does not mean that i would not share the fruits of my labor with other people despite the costs involved to me because this money spent researching things was primarily self serving and it cost me no more to share this with people.In fact i also like to refer people to places where i receive good service primarily to thank them and secondly so people can try and avoid some of the not so smooth transactions you hear so much about these days.
At the end of the day it's your call based on your research and if this research was at great cost to you and you feel it would be nice to be compensated for this then i'm sorry to have caused you a bit of grief.No hard feelings.

Steeler
16-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Group hug at no cost to anybody