PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha 90 2stroke Problem

trymyluck
11-10-2011, 07:15 PM
Hey Gents
Recieved a call from the brother up in Airley, he just finished doing a few repairs and making a hard top for his boat. He had to remove his motor which is about a 2006 Yamaha 90hp 2 Stroke and when he fitted it back up and went to start it he had a warning alarm come on before he started the motor and the alarm remained on once he started it. The motor was off the boat for a couple of months but the oil lines were not disconnected. Any Ideas? he is going to get serviced next pay day but he is on holidays and would like to use it before then if he can work out what the cause is.

Mark

f.t.r.
13-10-2011, 08:11 PM
i have a 130 2stroke and had a problen with the oil lines kinking behind the resioviour, causing an alarm to go off but not stopping the motor because there is enough oil under the cowling. im not too sure about the set up of your motor, good luck hope this helps

matty

Roughasguts
14-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Might be a water level float switch in the Cyl Head stuck down! Simulating no water pressure, Provided it's got one of course.

Cheers

mustang5
14-10-2011, 12:00 PM
Firstly, on the gauge when he turns the ignition on, is the oil light staying red?? If so, its your tank sensor which may simply be stuck in place indicating a low level.

Secondly, but probably the first thing to do, check that all wires are connected since the install. Im not sure on the newer models, but if a temp sensor or oil sensor plug is not connected, it may automatically trip it.

Its more likely an electrical fault/misconnection.

Scalem
14-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Brother had a swarm of black ants decide that living inside the water intakes was a cosy place to live. Have a look around for these little beggars, and grab some Permethrin based dust ( I get mine foc from hitman every year they spray the hous for insects) and give it a good squirt around. As a matter of fact our hot water system for the house suffered the same fate. They crawled into the wiring and caused thermostat failure = cold showers until we knew what the heck was going on. Keep your family feline away from this stuff, puts their nervous system into overdrive and sends them troppo. I have the vet bill to prove it.

Good luck.

Scalem