PDA

View Full Version : So Long SARCA, R.I.P

dreemon
11-10-2011, 11:01 AM
Well the sarca found it's last resting spot out of the seaway near the 24's, well and truly stuck this time, usually the zip ties break and up she comes but trying to pull it out on sunday many of the attempts saw the prop come out and the anchor well fill with water,

then on the last try the bow sprit crushed and shattered the fibre glass around it :'( , this was when I realized point of no return, there was only a few metres left so I just untied it and sadly set it free :'(:-?:'(

I realize what I did diff to most times and thats that I was drifting, got a good hit on my rod , saw good structure on the sounder and quickly dropped anchor, when I usually look out to see the direction other boats are anchored , point myself that way then drop it,

Over all it was a great day on the water and sat on a great spot pulled in 2 snapper over 500mm and got some really good runs with bust offs, 2 whales stained my shorts when they popped up only 8 metres from my boat !:o, 3 weeks ago near the same area we got a snapper 850mm and just under 9 kgs ( deckies fish)

heres a pic of it's skull, reef pick for me from now on, after I fix the bow.

Chimo
11-10-2011, 02:31 PM
Hi dreemon

Did you at least secure a little float on the end of the line so you could use the mooring at a later stage?

I had one out there that I used for a couple of years until it finally gave up the ghost. Was great to be able to motor out and just hook up in 120 odd ft of water.

Cheers
Chimo

PS sorry about the sarca (Ive still got my old one leaning against the fence in the back yard which IMHO is the best spot for it as this way I always know where it is and its easy to lift up)

deckie
11-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Never a dull moment johnny. Anchors are like sunglasses..the chepo's seem to live forever and u bugga the $250 jobs within a week. Sounds like a good spot though..and now with a solid donation to the fishy gods you cant miss.
How bad is the damage ?..and how bad was the language at the time ?

OPTI
11-10-2011, 05:38 PM
ive had a few mates loose thier sarcas ,so dont feel too bad .go back to the cheap pick for the reefs.i actually dont even bother anchoring anymore,just sea anchor or just drift with the motor .at least you were smart enough to keep it tied to the bow ,could of been a lot worse if you tried pulling from the stern.

seastorm
11-10-2011, 05:44 PM
If you send me the GPS marks of the spot my mate can dive to 50m I'm sure he will go get it for you :)

Giffo65
11-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Pity about the anchor,sometimes they just be stuck.Is that the skull of the Snapper or the Deckie that caught it ?:D

dreemon
11-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Ha Ha Ha Hiya Chimo, yes I actually did tie a lill plastic container to the end of the warp, and inside it my card with a reward for retrieval, but theres no way thats coming up without a diver to unwrap the mess, donuts both ways for 1/2 hour trying to do the right thing, the chain has got a strangle hold ! ! I'll pm you the mark , even my deckie said it was the best spot we've been to so far, great action ! ! one to add with a mooring, trade a mark? Cheers

Deckie ! ! how ya been mate!? saw you baitboard looks great and high enough to clear the motor, speaking of ... . . . . . WHEN ya chuckin a donk On that filth rig? ! ? WHEN ! ! ? dont make me come down there and fit a 1971 Chrysler 50hp to it !!!

Damage . . just gonna take some time and thought to figure out what'll make it the strongest to hold up when I do it next time. thing is the sarca lasted me near 6 years, and got it from a prawn broker for $ 25 bux ( had to be stolen at some point) but i loved that thing, swearing !? my deckie did heaps of that and doing so many hoops did my head in at a 45 degree angle , " I'm dizzy right now thinking / typing about it, after dropping the lill white plastic tub tied to it and driffting off, I yelled out to it . . WILSON ! ! ! WILSON !!! it was like a cake . . ...... . scone , scone forever

the snappers made the family happy

dreemon
11-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Seastorm, Chimo, gps marks to be sent pm 2mro to ya's Cheers ;D

deckie
12-10-2011, 11:06 AM
Yeahh nahh...dont bring one down. i think i just work on a different time frame to most ;D...i'll get around to it eventually ;D

Is this what u had in mind ?

Cheaper than a new sarca, bit of short link chain and presto. Worth a thought as a replacement.

onerabbit
12-10-2011, 03:50 PM
and driffting off, I yelled out to it . . WILSON ! ! ! WILSON !!!

that's gold ......:LMAO:

Muzz

Jarrah Jack
12-10-2011, 06:30 PM
Yeahh nahh...dont bring one down. i think i just work on a different time frame to most ;D...i'll get around to it eventually ;D

Is this what u had in mind ?

Cheaper than a new sarca, bit of short link chain and presto. Worth a thought as a replacement.

Deckie...Haven't you been warned never to put a white motor on here and suggest it would make a good anchor.:-X:-X;D

dreemon
16-10-2011, 08:36 AM
I ended up making this alloy nose cone sika and allen head s/steel bolts , with a good backing plate under it, feels strong as !
Deckie, thats one horny lookin crystler , you'll have chicks hangin off you like flies ! if Seastorm cant retrieve my sarca I'll take it

Chimo
16-10-2011, 08:47 AM
Why cant I open the attachment 72537 or 72538?

C
C