PDA

View Full Version : The new kitchen...a slightly different design this time.

deckie
10-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Howdy...havent seen a lot of project stuff lately in here. Pretty much finished this new baitboard, apart from chopping the legs lower when the donk goes on, and a few rod holders.
Trying a new design this time, trying to cater for these design requirements
1. Very light and to be set right back over motor
2. No need to touch or remove when tilting or trailering
3. Removeable and easy storage whilst out on the water and fit into side pocket.
4. Large drain and baitbox that also drains unerneath. Easy to clean.

Seems to go alright...short of burleying in the driveway and sticking a circle hook thru next doors cat as a livey and float it down the driveway i'm really just guessing, coz there's no motor back on it yet :P Should work better than ever though and be easy.

Used 316 tee nuts belted in and epoxied into 15mm ply chocks behind the outboard well for the mounts...easy to just screw the bolts in and out from motor well...VERY solid but just unscrew a bit and it all comes out. 1 inch 316 legs, poly t joins and bent ally tube for the rear supports. 1inch adjustable rail supports at top of legs so that it tilts. Once again easy to take apart, one screw each side. Tensioned shock cord runs thru tubing to hold the back of the board down (need whilst trailering), but allows for the board to simply tilt up with the motor as it is tilted. No more occy straps that magically go missing, and no need to adjust or remove just to beach it or for launching/retrieve.
Wired with 5050 LED strips up inside the board itself, plus a removable w/proof ally mounted 5050 LED strip mounted at the back facing out back. Double insulated IP67 wiring/connectors.
Transom pump is an 1100 to get some water to board for cleaning and just enough to hose down a bit, plus will divert to livey tank...sick of deckwash pumps that work fine for 6 months and i'm too lazy to look after them properly and dont need to blast anything. The tap will have a thin tube facing back when trolling as a frenzy spray amongst my lure spreads.

15mm scrap piece of klegicell, lightly glassed/flowcoated then a stock poly baitboard screwed/sika on top. Total weight including legs and fittings just under 4kg before the the rod storage goes onto uprights..likely smith rail mounts.

Any suggestions on how to improve it please yell out thanx
Steve.

Shagga
10-10-2011, 02:58 PM
Looks awesome.

honda900
10-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Deckie,

looks the goods, how are you going to mount the rod holders, side or at the back?

Regards
Honda.

Basstones
10-10-2011, 04:16 PM
Nice clean setup, should get plenty of use :)

FishHunter
10-10-2011, 05:51 PM
Given me some ideas to use on mine :) top job

deckie
10-10-2011, 06:31 PM
tx fella's..i know its only a baitboard but gave me something to tinker with over winter..and wanted to try something a bit different to use the space over the motor. Rig has a fairly short motor well and the motor likely to be a F70A Yam which has a high cowling. Bit of soft eva foam and it should just push the baitboard up as it is tilted and allow the board to go well back. The height of the board can be easily adjusted...the black T tube connectors hold it very secure vertically without any fastening, but still adjustable and that changes the angle the baitboard sits at for drainage.

honda...cheers. thinking of slowly adding some smith adjustable rail mounts to the two uprights, and adjust their angle so they poke out and up around the baitboard for strorage...shouldnt have any trouble fitting 4 on. Not going to use them for trolling so might even track down a cheaper type. Next to the board (seperate) will be the cisco short cradle ones i want for downrigging...also double for baiting out the back...hold anything from threadlines to small overheads to light game gear and can get them near horizontal out the sides like rod riggers. I'll put a cpl of pics up of the ones i'm leaning toward. Planning on doing more downrigging after the refit and want it set up easy for solo work.