PDA

View Full Version : FTD - Wednesday October 5th - Quick report

Platitudinus
06-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Usual full day trip with FTD but stayed inshore in the first couple of hours as a) livebait was scarce and b) the swell and winds were high. Bagged out on Trag on the 24's near Q1 and floated up a nice snapper. Livies came in slowly until we had enough to get out to the 50's.
Had time for about 12 drifts over the AJ mark on the 50's and pulled up three myself with 2 at 73cms and one at 76cms. Good fights on my T curve 200OH - first time in use.

Others on the boat caught reasonably well and we took three kingies and another 8 AJ's off the same mark plus one big ooglie of a cod (about 8kg). Then off to the 50's snapper and trag marks for some more fun but hard to get in numbers. Biggest Trag went 65cms and snaps up to about 48cms.

Overall a difficult day out with some monster waves on the 3m+ swell. Arms ache this morning.

Hey - Rosco I decided to lengthen the leader on the braid to 20m and dropped the gamakatsu livebait hook down to a 6/0 from a 9/0. No losses this time out!

Cheers
Plato
PS: Of course I gave one AJ away (to Matt) and kept two for the smoker.

rosco1974
07-10-2011, 05:53 PM
well done mate,u had to get your own fish this time mate as kieren and i whern't onboard...hope to get out in my boat again sunday if the trim and tilt is sorted.got some good snapps last week off moreton.will take you for a trip out soon mate.floatlining did the damage on the white sticks i took on the charter
cheers rosco