PDA

View Full Version : Hydrive Installation

Dirtfloor
04-10-2011, 05:40 PM
Hi Guys, I've just bought a seconhand Hydrive bullhorn system to put on my Johnson 225. The seller said it had only done 12 months work and it looks in really good condidtion. I've down loaded the installation manual. Any body have any hints before I start. Will the used fittings that came with it, ie cones or olives still work or should I get new ones? Also any idea where I could get them.
Thanks

Spaniard_King
04-10-2011, 07:45 PM
your problem will be the hose length, the olives can be re used in there current position. If you need to cut the line then you need to replace the end you cut. Any BLA outlet can supply them or PM me if you run into trouble. I can supply a new hose and olives if needed

Cheers

PADDLES
05-10-2011, 07:54 AM
follow the manual exactly, just like they say on the front of the manual. i found the install part reasonably straight forward but the filling and bleeding of the system required a bit of care. use fresh/clean oil and let it settle before pouring in (you don't want bubbles). it's a lot easier if you have a few sets of hands, one down the back end to crack the bleeders and catch oil, one to spin the helm and one to hold the oil bottle/funnel to keep the helm unit full whilst bleeding.