PDA

View Full Version : Sat night off Port Douglas

Daintreeboy
04-10-2011, 08:38 AM
Ron (megafish71), Moffy and I went out off Port Douglas in Ron's boat Saturday arvo. The SE blew up in the arvo changing our plans to fish wide for some decent Reds. The wind died off at night but the fish only had one major bite until we pulled up stumps around 2 in the morning. On one rock we scored 7 Spangled Emperor and 2 Red Emperor but only ended up with 20 fish. Would have been nice to get one more spot like that but for our standards 20 fish was a biut light on.

Ended up with 3 Red Emperor in total, half a dozen trout and a nice Rosy Job fish as part of the bag.

I used a PE tackle fly for the first time, thanks to Vertico for the flies he gave me.
Chinaman fish love them!! I did score a small Spangled on it with some fresh flesh bait but no reds this time.

Ron also Christened his new Black hole 250 g rod and it went well.

Matthias
04-10-2011, 10:41 AM
Last time we went off Port I got a rosy job and it tasted better than the nannies. Not a bad haul- at least you covered the fuel costs (prob just with the emperor fillets). There's some cracker spots out there but for some you can only use 1 hook.

Cheers
Pete

scuttlebutt
04-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Gotta remember Mark, a bit slow for you is bloody good for just about everyone else! Gunna have to get out myself soon, maybe this coming weekend.