30-09-2011, 08:19 PM
to the police

robersl
30-09-2011, 08:20 PM
or even fisheries
and let them investigate

charlie09
30-09-2011, 08:25 PM
Photo of the car? Whats that gonna prove? You need pics of him or video in the act, then u MAY be onto something. Pic of the car only proves that he was at the boat ramp....if it was even he's car.

Cheers

charleville
30-09-2011, 08:28 PM
I am breaking open the chips and plonk. This thread will good to watch. :D

I hope that you achieve a good result for all responsible fishos. :)

DAVE_S
30-09-2011, 08:38 PM
Next time you see him put your croc suit on and wait in the mangroves .

landy1
30-09-2011, 09:02 PM
Go to the cops and give them a statement. It will be your word against his so get some video or something to back you up. Or use him as bait which ever is easier :p

Mossy247
30-09-2011, 10:10 PM
size 3 sinker...... slingshot. Thief Stop. Seriously need video evidence if wanting to go hell for leather and prosecute I would say but make a statement if you wanted to. It is just a sad state of affairs when people feel they have the right to open other peoples pots stealing crabs. Arrgghhh I guess drop a bessa-block with rope n float sit back and laugh.....

cormorant
30-09-2011, 10:41 PM
Where the hell does he hide the crabs XXXXXXXX??

Have a chat to the coppers at the local station and fisheries to see what they need and what they are prepared to do.

Seriously get video of him lifting your pots clearly marked. Have a mate in a boat down the creek and call the police while your mate follows. Ya mate needs a camera as he will probably dump them near the shore and only collect em when he is packed up and ready to leave.

Police can then nab him as he leave the ramp. Get the copper go up the river with you and pull your pots to prove they were yours and can't be seen as his.

Get police to get fisheries involved so they can go and check out his fridge.

Get this thread pulled down now so he doesn't get spooked.

Wouldn't want to see some innocent fitness freak get "helped" as there might be a few XXXXXXX around.

May all the people that know him find out what a scumbag he is.

If you knew whe was going it would be a treat to mark a few crabs with nail polish discretely , photograph em , drop em in so you could guarantee the prat gets done.

good luck

Angla
30-09-2011, 10:59 PM
Fisheries sound like the best bet, then let them do their stuff and get on with life. The number plate should be enough for them to start and your report of his actions.

Cheers
Chris

justjack
01-10-2011, 12:09 AM
would you write him a nice letter and leave it on his windscreen next time he's down there? ide just prefer him to stop rather then taking it to all extremes.

MudRiverDan
01-10-2011, 12:25 AM
You should have left him a note in the crab pot

"Hey mate the games up, I'm the one waving at you from the mangroves, please leave my pots alone."

Just enough to keep him thinking...

His journey back to the boat ramp would be enough time for him to imagine a few scenarios for the outcome.. lol
The guy wouldn't know "when or where", just keep him guessing.

Its the subtleties that play on the mind.

cormorant
01-10-2011, 12:55 AM
would you write him a nice letter and leave it on his windscreen next time he's down there? ide just prefer him to stop rather then taking it to all extremes.

No way - why give this thief any warning that he has been sprung. Will just mean he will go on night raids then or be more careful.

If you are going to do nothing - do nothing. Might give someone else the chance to catch him at it or have him charged. The more brazen he gets the better chance he will end up off the water.

At least you have warned others to watch out for a bloke XXXXXXX witha bag of crabs. If police of fisheries confront him at the ranp or at his car a quick trip to the pots "he says he owns and got the crabs from " will show they are not his pots.

I'd love to write pot thief ad crab thief all over the car and in roundup on his front lawn but that would just lead back to your name and address on the pots he raided and would break some silly law that protects people who don't deserve protection. !!!!!

Don't do anything illegal -for hi own safety- do everyone a favour and get him nabbed.

marto78
01-10-2011, 07:13 AM
Let all his tyres down next time he is out checking your pots, then while he is off chasing a compressor drill a couple of 100mm holes in his yak with a hole saw. That should fix the LOW LIFE PRICK!

blackjew
01-10-2011, 09:45 AM
Thats great your onto him mate,Low life scumbag .no as the boys above have said dont let him know your onto him.Thats to easy and he walks away laughing,thinking to himself,now i have to be more sneeky ,you need to make him cry like a baby .I recon if it was me i would cruize up along side him when hes emptied your pots you might need 2 of you grab the front of his ski thing and give it a skight twist then tow it way out to sea,after all its your word against his and what would he tell the copperslol .I recon he would have plenty of time to know that hes been sprung on his swim back to land. ahd you might even be able to get your crabs as hes flapping round in the drink.All the best what ever method you decide.
Cheers Rob

justjack
01-10-2011, 11:51 AM
all in all i need alot of proof to prove its him, now the police wont do anything unless i have numerous amounts of evidence, fisheries wont be arsed cause its to much trouble and time, im not an agressive person at all, he doesnt know who i am but i now know who he is i just figured leaving him a letter saying "mate we've seen you (insinuating theres a few of us) checking our pots, we can see you from land, if we see you out here again just wait and see what happens, fisheries and police have been informed and the photos that have been taken and car rego along with other evidence has been passed on" or something like that to get the wind up his pants, otherwise i will gain the evidence i need to prove he's deffinetly the guy, because at the moment all is here say even though i personally watched him

Bennno
01-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Well you've mentioned the location, what his ski looks like and your face is on ya profile, all on one of Australia's more popular fishing forums. I'd be a bit more covert about it if I were you.

Get a motion censored camera set up happening, then approach the police with irrefutable evidence. Either that or get another crabber with some attitude onto it, grab some popcorn and a beer and watch the fireworks. Letting his tyres down will always buy you some time and taking your crabs back would be a good plan too. Get all the local guys that crab to approach him as he comes into greet his flat tyres post theft. Nice and easy just a few logistics to sort.

justjack
01-10-2011, 12:40 PM
all info has been deleted as now im in talks with the boys in blue, thanks will update you at the end of this

Jarrah Jack
01-10-2011, 12:50 PM
all info has been deleted as now im in talks with the boys in blue, thanks will update you at the end of this

Good on you JJ, hope something comes of it now. If its not in your nature to do the confrontation thing then it isn't.

Good Luck

JJ

charleville
01-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Good on you JJ, hope something comes of it now. If its not in your nature to do the confrontation thing then it isn't.

Good Luck

JJ

Obviously your twin brother along with Hydraulic and the rest of the clan.

(PS Readers need to be a premium member and get acess to the Bilge to know what the blazes this refers to. ::) )

cormorant
01-10-2011, 06:28 PM
[QUOTE=charleville;1318283]Obviously your twin brother along with Hydraulic and the rest of the clan.

(PS Readers need to be a premium member and get acess to the Bilge to know what the blazes this refers to. ::) )

Tripplets - you forgot Off Jack the dyslexic brother.

Note could be seen as a threat etc etc . Do it properly as you are doing.

I will edit my posts so they don't refer to how he does it so he doesn't get tipped off.

His photo here after conviction would be a treat to see as it is amazing who knows who.

charleville
01-10-2011, 07:05 PM
Tripplets - you forgot Off Jack the dyslexic brother.

Was he the agnostic, dyslexic one who doesn't believe there is a dog?

;D;D;D

justjack
01-10-2011, 07:06 PM
im out of the loop hahaha

cormorant
01-10-2011, 07:13 PM
im out of the loop hahaha

Now you are in the loop.
dyslexic god = dog

On the serious side - be careful as some thieves are very nasty - that is what police are for.

Shawn 66
02-10-2011, 03:06 AM
Now you are in the loop.
dyslexic god = dog

On the serious side - be careful as some thieves are very nasty - that is what police are for.
On a side note, did you know DOG is GOD spelt backwards .
Shawn

Jarrah Jack
02-10-2011, 09:49 AM
Obviously your twin brother along with Hydraulic and the rest of the clan.

Joined the same time as well.

justjack
02-10-2011, 09:06 PM
this is weird

charleville
02-10-2011, 09:36 PM
Joined the same time as well.

We think it mazing. :o

finga
04-10-2011, 06:09 AM
What I can't work out is this guy is on a yak or something right?
How would he explain the catch of crabs if he hasn't got any pots?
And even if he said..."they're out there". Out where??
Does he drop any pots off at all?

Oi Charlie. Gold and above I think it is to see the bilge.

justjack
04-10-2011, 11:56 AM
no he has no pots just an esky on the back ready to fill.... by what i saw hes out there just to look for pots and crabs

Horse
06-10-2011, 09:30 AM
The other issue is if you think there is only one Feral robbing pots in your area then I think you are sadly mistaken. I doubt that there is a waterway that is free from these scum and there are a lot more than one or two in most locations. Fisheries were doing some good work a while back with microchipped crabs but they seem to have stopped the program

hooknpull
06-10-2011, 04:46 PM
im with marto. dont waste your time with the coppers. why investigate and do their work when they cant.

Mr__Bean
14-10-2011, 06:46 PM
How about approaching this another way.

What if you sunk a pot that had a panel that you had to open to get the crabs out of.

And what if you rigged the pot so that it had one of your expired flares mounted in it.

Mounted so that the igniter cord was pulled if you opened the pot opening panel.

I would love to see the blokes face if he was out in the dark then a bright flare lit him up.

Darren