PDA

View Full Version : Where to go for a weeks holiday October

sharkymark2
26-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Hi there having just come out of hospital for a procedure that turned ugly I am now extending my sick leave and want to relax by the seaside for up to a week. Somewhere not to stressfull. I am in Brissy and dont want to travel to far. I've got a 4.4 stessl open dinghy and wondered if anybody has some suggestions not to far from Brissy and at a reasonable rate with a cabin or unit...::).missus will not camp. I had thought of straddy but am not sure of places to go. Any help would be appreciated ...even dams might be ok. Looking from the 1/10/11 till up to the 18th.
Thanks for any help. Mark.

Andrew M
26-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Hi Sharkymark2, I spent a nice week at Woodgate over Easter, nice caravan park with some flash looking cabins, nice bowls club just down the road with good meals. Hope the recovery goes well.

Cheers Andrew

PADDLES
26-09-2011, 01:57 PM
mate, we've just had a week and a bit camping at cotton tree, it's absolutely lovely. the river is clean/great, the whiting are fat, and you have a choice of cafes within walking distance for eggs benedict and a coffee in the mornings with your lady. they have onsite cabins which looked pretty nice.

sharkymark2
27-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Thanks guys for the suggestions will check them out. Again appreciate it very much.
Mark