PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in Thailand

fish_head
25-09-2011, 08:04 PM
Going over to Thailand for a couple of weeks Anyone know any good charters they can reccomend

Lancair
26-09-2011, 06:55 AM
Unless you can get a charter going out to the andamann islands (halfway to india) its not going to matter which charter you go on. The fishing isnt great at all. I went on a a charter, we caught 30-40 little skipjack tuna that the Thais keep, when we stopped for lunch and had a bottom bash, everything, and I mean every little thing caught went in to the bin. (garbage bin with no ice was the catch tank) It was a nice day out though.

Marlin_Mike
26-09-2011, 07:04 AM
Just go on the island trip. Phi Phi, Mosquito ISland, Bamboo Island, Maya Bay, The Lagoon ( think it's called Phili Lagoon??) MAgic day trip. Snorkelling amongst billions of tropical fish, coral, it is an absolute paradise out there for snorkeling.

Where in Thailand you heading?

Mike

Basstones
26-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Some info here
http://ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?173915-Thailand-trip&highlight=thailand

Marlin_Mike
26-09-2011, 10:37 AM
The boat we went in......

fish_head
27-09-2011, 08:41 PM
Staying at Patong beach first then making way up to Bangkok Have already booked a day boat trip to Phi Phi island. Will also do a days fishing at one of the lakes for mekong catfish.

Lancair
28-09-2011, 01:16 PM
Heres a pic of a big one I caught on the trip :o

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q153/Biggles70/skipjack.jpg

Marlin_Mike
28-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Staying at Patong beach first then making way up to Bangkok Have already booked a day boat trip to Phi Phi island. Will also do a days fishing at one of the lakes for mekong catfish.

Top spot fish head. We stayed at the Mercure Hotel Patong Beach. Nice beach. Lotsa very very cheap shopping at the markets. Barter hard, don't pay more than 40% of whatever price they say they want. If not walk away, they will come after you and give in. You'll have a ball. Make sure you go to Bangla Rs and see the night life there. Very interesting street and clubs LMAO

Mike

onerabbit
28-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Leaving to go back to Viet Nam tomorrow,

havent done so well on the fishing score over there yet,
but this time I am determined to get a fish,

good luck,
will let you all know how it went on my return.

Muzz

nathank
29-09-2011, 08:27 PM
fishing is pretty ordinary over there mate.. trolling teasers with small squid lures for tiny stripies is the main order of the day, i did hire a longtail boat with a mad thaifisherman and we trolled all the way around Phi Phi island and i did manage a barracudda of about 6kgs... rare though the snorkeling at phi phi and Maya bay is awsome.. on Phi Phi there is a spot called shark bay if you get up early before all the other tourists at 6am or so you will almost be garaunteed to swim with a few decent sized reef sharks... really cool stuff they just cruise up into the shallows and then do a few laps and swim back over the dropp off.....