PDA

View Full Version : Anything been caught a monduran

Basil2
22-09-2011, 03:01 PM
Looking to head to monduran at the end of november just wondering if anyone had heard of some positive reports about barra catches. Next to no reports shown here, just wondering if we are wasting our time and money. cheers Basil2:-?

Steve B
22-09-2011, 08:13 PM
Looking to head to monduran at the end of november just wondering if anyone had heard of some positive reports about barra catches. Next to no reports shown here, just wondering if we are wasting our time and money. cheers Basil2:-?

Basil2,

They are out there, you just need to be in the right place looking for them....very elusive and very hard to come by since some big floggings from the crowds.

Oooh I am talking about the reports that is...;D;D

Cheers Steve

I will send you a PM with some info.

Peter4
22-09-2011, 08:52 PM
edited

Hmmm...why is that, Steve?

NAGG
23-09-2011, 08:21 AM
Fish are being caught ...... but not in the numbers and size of years gone by
The reality is that guides are going fishless on a regular basis - & good experienced fishoes are struggling with the odd small fish.
We are now in the period where barra usually fire up Mondy ........ so be on the look out for reports during the next few weeks. There are a couple of comps in the next few weeks which will be a good barometer.

In the end - it will boil down to your expections & your willingness to fish hard.......... dont expect great results by just trolling up and down the main basin ( as people did in years gone by)

Chris

aussiebasser
23-09-2011, 12:14 PM
Edited.

Hardly accurate, or helpful, and the PM directing him to the other site would legally be called spam. The "chosen few" do frequent here, but seem to prefer to cut posts from here and there and paste onto another site. Hardly a sign of respect for the owner of this site, in fact it's insulting, but that has been going on for a long time. To the OP, you'll know when the fish are on up there, just follow the smoke.

NAGG
23-09-2011, 12:38 PM
Edited.

Hardly accurate, or helpful, and the PM directing him to the other site would legally be called spam. The "chosen few" do frequent here, but seem to prefer to cut posts from here and there and paste onto another site. Hardly a sign of respect for the owner of this site, in fact it's insulting, but that has been going on for a long time. To the OP, you'll know when the fish are on up there, just follow the smoke.

The place must be on fire then ::) - certainly plenty of smoke atm :P

Chris

Steve B
23-09-2011, 01:16 PM
Dale,

Not sure what you mean about cut and paste. I certainly have never done that. If I catch fish, I post my own report and pics....hence limited reports from me anywhere as I aint been catching them;D

For the sake of transparency...here is a cut and paste section of the majority from my PM to basil to try and help him out.. Yep, I did refer to another website at some stage, not with the intent of spamming, just trying to help. I apologise to the owner of Ausfish for that, and if they want to punish me so be it.

Mondy is starting to pick up, now the weather has improved. November is a great month. Just be aware there is an ABT barra tournament on the 25th or 26th?? somewhere around that weekend...There has been plenty of little fish getting caught by a few guides. Our stocking group will be putting another 100,000 fingerlings in over the coming months too..

Send me a PM a bit closer to your trip, I will give you the best info I can on whether they are biting and what on.

Cheers Steve

Cheers Steve again!

NAGG
23-09-2011, 04:54 PM
Dale,

Not sure what you mean about cut and paste. I certainly have never done that. If I catch fish, I post my own report and pics....hence limited reports from me anywhere as I aint been catching them;D

For the sake of transparency...here is a cut and paste section of the majority from my PM to basil to try and help him out.. Yep, I did refer to another website at some stage, not with the intent of spamming, just trying to help. I apologise to the owner of Ausfish for that, and if they want to punish me so be it.

Mondy is starting to pick up, now the weather has improved. November is a great month. Just be aware there is an ABT barra tournament on the 25th or 26th?? somewhere around that weekend...There has been plenty of little fish getting caught by a few guides. Our stocking group will be putting another 100,000 fingerlings in over the coming months too..

Send me a PM a bit closer to your trip, I will give you the best info I can on whether they are biting and what on.

Cheers Steve

Cheers Steve again!

Don't worry about him Stavros ......... you were only trying to help

jayvee
24-09-2011, 11:37 AM
Edited

Basil2 - as mentioned there are a few smaller (50-70cm) barra being caught. Theres a comp
on there next weekend. So keep an eye out for reports with results from that aswell.
cheers Jayvee