PDA

View Full Version : Need a boat Cover and who to insure new boat with

Rob McConnell
21-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Hi All

Picking up a new boat at the end of the week and needed some advice on the best insurance company to use. I have only ever made one claim in 20 years of boating and it was not my fault, another boater. Who is the most reasonably priced company while still giving good service if needed, its an 18 foot ski boat with cover for towing skiers and inflatables.

The boat does not come with a cover and wanted to get a full one, to stop nosey people because it will be parked on the street in front of our unit. I have seen the ones on ebay but was not sure what thickness or style of material to go for.

Thanks
Rob

ando066
21-09-2011, 10:25 PM
Rob, I got a good cover from Bias Boating for my 5.6 metre centre console, it covers the targa top and comes half way down each side, just got to make sure you put foam or something similar over the jagged bits. Had it for about a year now and no problems, it is good quality. Cost around $400.00 but keeps the sun our as well as the dirt and dust.

Dean

blue boat
22-09-2011, 09:48 AM
Hi rob if you need a poly tarp 3mtr x 10mtr call ron tarp depo 0488778786 under $100

Marlin_Mike
22-09-2011, 12:07 PM
I have always used CGU. Never been a problem, prices always good. Would pay to get at least 3 quotes for your insurance, price will likely vary alot between them, and check the fine print closely, you never know what's in there.

Mike

daki23
22-09-2011, 12:29 PM
I have mine with in a package with car and bike with RACQ... also they'll match any price you find elsewhere.

TREVELLY
23-09-2011, 05:55 AM
For a ski boat you may need a custom - there are some threads on good one's if you do a search.

My boat is a 20 foot centre cabin and the bias cover works fine on it - good heavy duty too.

I read in an article in a boating magazine about boat insurance and they said about cover not including the motor blowing up from a bag over the inlet but some companies do cover this possibility. I went NRMA as they seemed reasonable and do cover the bag problem.

Gary Crook
26-09-2011, 12:06 PM
Try the guys at Rowland Street Boat Trimmers for your cover, Their's fit like a glove

Snapper john
28-09-2011, 04:02 PM
I've had clears and other gear made by Roland Street Boat Trimmers and have been real pleased with their quality.

jason p
28-09-2011, 05:56 PM
with insurance policies, the best thing you can do is look at what they DONT cover, this will give you a better idea on what your getting into, and shopping around will save you a few bucks to.