PDA

View Full Version : Wicked fishing off fraser

outwide1
21-09-2011, 10:38 AM
I had the privilage of being on board Gregs 7.0mtr Riptide Double or Nothing on the weekend to
one of the most beautiful locations Queensland has to offer,off Fraser Island.
I will let the pictures do the talking but the fishing was hard due to current.But we persisted and eventually put a good feed together of pearlperch to 5kg,snapper,reds,coronation trout,blue moari cod,parrot,red throat,amberjacks,green jobbys and the list when on.I cant put up all the photos due to Gregs commitment to Bush and Beach magazine but will give you a taste of one
of most memorible trips i have had.We covered over 360km for 2 days but alot of that is the 160km to and from the bar.I was also a part of the filming that Greg is doing at the moment for his
up and coming dvd range on offshore fishing on the Queensland coast.These dvds will cover everything to do with offshore fishing,reading your sounder,techniques and most of all chasing red emporer.
If your as mad as me when it comes to fishing you will have these dvds handy for the days we cant get out there and need a fix of fishing.Details will be up on his site www.wickedfishing.com.au (http://www.wickedfishing.com.au/)
Keep an eye out on the web site for release dates.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.
Cheers Mick. http://www.nuggetfishing.com.au/smf/Smileys/default/wink.gif
GARMIN NO1. wickedfishing.com.au

outwide1
21-09-2011, 10:45 AM
Some more shots of an amazing trip

TREVELLY
21-09-2011, 11:37 AM
:o WOW Spectacular!!

You not only have some great eating fish you also have some wonderful memories.

Thanks for the post.

Looks like awesome conditions too.

JJT
21-09-2011, 12:27 PM
thakns looks unbelieveable aye shite greg you know how to find the fish i look the last snapper pic.
brilliant.
Cheers Jason

bondy99
21-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Nice work, good fish too,

Can you send me a pm for contact details as I'd be keen on a fishing trip like this,

Cheers, Bondy

3rd degree
21-09-2011, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the report and pics!

Cheers

Jim

GM-Bluewater
21-09-2011, 02:26 PM
Great stuff!! Looks like you guys had a ball.

I was out off Fraser on Friday and Saturday, was a bit tough fishing in close, the old saying no run no fun was definitely the case! We did end up with some nice fish though.

Looks like you guys were a bit further north towards the shoals? I was around north reef and on the outside of North Gardeners.

Great pics!

Cheers

outwide1
21-09-2011, 02:40 PM
We had to much run and it was not fun.
Mick

GM-Bluewater
21-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Yeah it was roaring outside of the banks, we ended up about 2 k's from the shelf. Then come back on top of the banks and did alright floating baits as there was no run at all.

jeffo
21-09-2011, 04:53 PM
See any billfish or signs of them up on the top end of fraser?

Reefmaster
21-09-2011, 06:44 PM
jeffo right outside the breakers off the breaksea was loads of bait on the surface. It was only small bait though with birds feeding on them. Couldn't see anything feeding on it. On the way home I was only 15km from the Hervey boat ramp and there was a nice black sunning itself in the bay.

GPB
21-09-2011, 06:46 PM
Your boats too small to go up there Jeff ;)

Redhunter
21-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Great stuff!! Looks like you guys had a ball.

I was out off Fraser on Friday and Saturday, was a bit tough fishing in close, the old saying no run no fun was definitely the case! We did end up with some nice fish though.

Looks like you guys were a bit further north towards the shoals? I was around north reef and on the outside of North Gardeners.

Great pics!

Cheers

gm bluewater was that you i was up that way about 70 k just short of the gardeners searching for new ground then ancored up on dark and there was a platey behind me about 4k away.
some nice fish there outwide well done.
steve

rexgrunt
21-09-2011, 07:53 PM
looks like some"HAPPY" anglers there.

mull dog
21-09-2011, 08:57 PM
Love those shots of the sounder. the fish picks are alright too i suppose ;) Nice work blokes!

kitty_cat
22-09-2011, 06:39 AM
well done boys ,
awsome pics mick,
you definatly will keep bush n beach sales up greg hope they have you on a good retainer

wayne

Scalem
22-09-2011, 06:48 AM
If the current slowed you down I can't imagine what would happen if that part played ball.::)

Does Gregs' boat have a fish magnet on board or something? Doubt if you could have a better trip looking at those great pics, well done!

Scalem

GM-Bluewater
22-09-2011, 03:46 PM
gm bluewater was that you i was up that way about 70 k just short of the gardeners searching for new ground then ancored up on dark and there was a platey behind me about 4k away.
some nice fish there outwide well done.
steve

It might have been mate, we covered a fair bit of ground over Friday and Saturday, found some nice new lumps as well! It was really crowded out there, i must have seen 2-3 boats in 2 days..... haha

webby nq
22-09-2011, 11:32 PM
Who wouldnt want to live up here in QLD hey , especially when the waters flat and the fish are chewin !!! bloody good trip lads.

Bull
23-09-2011, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the report and pics Mick.
Looks like you had a fantastic trip.
Cheers Bull

outwide1
23-09-2011, 09:47 AM
Thanks to everyone for there positive feed back on what i regard the trip of a life time.
Good fishing,good company and such a beautiful area.
Thanks to Greg and Terry for the oppertunity.

ARK-ME
24-09-2011, 07:35 AM
Mick , Gordo know you now we go out there, great trip hey, did you see the size and the amount of flying fish we video one for about 200 meters, trips like these puts a fat on a jelly fish cheers gordo ring u later

FisHard
24-09-2011, 08:09 AM
Spectactular!
Keep the inspiration coming boys :)

goona
24-09-2011, 05:58 PM
NIce work guys. The sounder photos are something I would love to find.

dreamin
27-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Awesome trip. Had a look at the wicked fishing website, does anyone know why it's in a different language?

murf
27-09-2011, 01:16 PM
Awesome trip. Had a look at the wicked fishing website, does anyone know why it's in a different language?

Greg is talented in many ways :) yep funny language for me too

cheers Murf

fisho8
27-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Well done mate some awsome fish there well worth the trip out and the conditions were exeptional by the looks.

outwide1
27-09-2011, 04:58 PM
I have let Greg know about the site and the weird language showing up.
I had a quick look myself,greg may need to lay off the bourbans whilst
setting it up.lol
Cheers to all the positive replys.
Mick

Tangles
27-09-2011, 10:33 PM
nice fish, its just usual word placeholders re the language till the real website gets up

XtremeBoony
28-09-2011, 07:00 AM
awesome trip fella's and great pics. Always great to see quality sounder shots too. Always fantastic to get out with someone with great knowledge and understanding as it is the best way to learn. Once again well done.

cheers from boony

outwide1
28-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Hey Boony,thanks for your comments mate.
I watched your stuff on you tube last night,good pearlies mate and loved the red.
You have it sussed when it comes to your centre console.
Good veiwing and would certainly be different fishing solo.I have never done it solo (fishing that is)
Cheers Mick

Jerk n Wined
28-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Well done, You must appricate that weather to the fullest. Nice mixed bag of fish.
I must say, yes i know its nice you get snapper as it fills the ice box up and another species caught- but on the flip side you get a bit shitty because you would love to be catching the other northern reef species while you are up that far. Good old any day you can catch snapper in the SE let alone up north. Its not as if you would say no to them when you do catch them up there.

Any video?

Cheers