PDA

View Full Version : volvo mechanic please

blacksunday
20-09-2011, 10:37 PM
can someone out there please point me in the direction of a volvo mechanic somewhere near the rockhampton or mackay area please.need to get a proper marine mechanic to go over my motor or maybe even a full rebuild.cheers

BM
20-09-2011, 11:23 PM
What engine mate and whats wrong?

blacksunday
21-09-2011, 08:32 AM
have a ad41b 200hp turbo. leaking oil from somewhere its fine at crusing speed not a droped spilled but if i go flat out for a while then lift the engine cover there is oil sprayed everywhere.i havent had a good look arround as i diddnt have ear plugs onboard with me and its bloody to loud at full noise to be poking my head down there with the engine cover up.but other then that everything else seems fine.i would allso like to get it fully checked out/serviced.also like someone to explain a few things to me about the engine as well.

BM
21-09-2011, 05:04 PM
If you can do a partial diagnosis yourself, as in find the leak, then it will be more cost effective for you but id your not fussed about that aspect it doesn't matter I guess.

I don't know of anyone up that way that can help mate, but someone closer to you should know of someone? If down here in Vic help isn't far away.

Cheers

Midnight
22-09-2011, 12:52 AM
Sunday,
It sounds a bit like the typical 41 series blowby issue to me. Is it blowing it out the dipstick? Make sure it is seated all the way in. Which rocker covers and crank case vent system do you have? How many hours on the donk? What rpm do you get at WOT and what do you normally cruise at? These are a pretty simple engine and easy to work on, I'm sure it won't be a major.
Cheers,
Myles

P.s I can recommend a good Volvo fella on the north side of Brissy, he may be able to travel, or recommend someone up your way if you get desperate.

Midnight
25-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Blacksunday,
How are you going with your green machine?

blacksunday
25-09-2011, 07:23 PM
mate havent been back to the boat for a while and probly wont for the next 5 weeks im working my ass off and have been since the floods here in emerald.we lost everything and racq diddnt pay out claims because of some bullshit they call riverrean and not a flood.But i reckon i will give your contact a call and see if we can get him/her a flight up here to take a look arround and explain a few thing to us about the motor so thanks very much for your help.(reason wont be back to the boat for that long im nearlly finished rebuilding our place and a home for my family comes first mate then after this is all dusted its time time get in some serious fishing time)

Midnight
25-09-2011, 10:28 PM
That sucks mate, typical insurance company, only too happy to take your money, but they will find any reason they can not to pay out. Well done for rebuilding mate, all the best with it.

What boat have you got the Volvo in? Have you got any pics of the engine handy? Particularly of the rocker covers and turbo and air filter. Post them here or email them too me. I have a bit of experience with this engine and drive and I may be able to help you get a few things sorted. I will pm you my phone number and email, and also my trusted Volvo tech, Jim Mckinnon, Aquamobile Marine's details.

If you can tell me a bit about your set up and how you run it etc, I may be able to help.

Cheers,
Myles