PDA

View Full Version : Offshore Friday night

lethal098
19-09-2011, 08:48 AM
Well finally our calendars and the weather aligned and with that Myself, Jason (Jurkyjj) and Wade were able to plan an overnight trip.

Plans were set in place and Friday night couyld not come quick enough, And early mark for Jason and Myself from work, Straight up to pick up the boat and we were motoring out of the harbour at 7pm. Plans were set and the Banter began. A little bit of slop in the bay and a few problems with the GPS so out came the IPAD with Navionics, what can i say i am very impressed with it. A quick stop for some bait prep and i had fixed the GPS.

Rounded the cape at about 750 and striaght out to our first mark, 1st drift and i landed the first fish into the box, a nice Pearly, Contined on with this for a couple of hours and we had reached our limit. From here we proceeded to shallow temp for the night, Down there was extremely quiet with only a couple of moses and grassies hitting the deck.

By this time Wade had moved in for a sleep and Jason and i persisted to try and tempt some fish, Well quiet was an understatement, We decided to head out to Deep and try our luck. Found a good looking spot with good shows so down went the pick.

Wade was up again so i decided on a quick nap. 40 mins later the boys had not turned a reel apart from a Moray eel. This was about 4am, we decided to head back into shallow for the sun up session, back in and back onto our spot, Proceeded to burley up and see what happened, First light had a few fish coming off the bottom, As soon as the sun came up the wind died and what happened next was mayhem, Jasons Baitrunner and New Live fibre Screamed off while Jason was fighting a fish from the Bottom, So wade grabs it and proceeds to have a good battle and break the Virginity of JAsons new rod, A great snap in the Net and all is well, Then Wades baitrunner goes, again much the Same, then jasons again, I decided at this stage to throw a plastic on and see what happens, Within 2 minutes in the water i got belted, and light gear had me in the reef with a great fish, All while this is happening baitrunners are going nuts. We proceeded to fill the esky and by this time i had put 2 snaps in the box on plastic, Then my plastic gets belted again, A great snap on ligth gear hit the floor and we had all but reached our limit. A count was taken and found we needed just 1 more, so wade gets another one and thats it bag limit reached, By this time the sun was up and the wind had gotten up a little as well. We had to be back by 9am as wade had a suit fitting so out came the Sangers for breaky and we pointed Hard Yakka back towards the Cape.

Just over an hour later and we had pulled up back at the ramp with 3 very happy guys, albeit tired but well worth the effort. Wade headed off straight away so it was up to me and Jason for the clean up, Back to Jasons and away we went with the filleting, some quick photos and an hour later all fish filleted, Off to the carwash and all is done.

Thanks to Jason and Wade for a great trip, Bring on the next one.

Cheers Lee

dayoo
19-09-2011, 10:23 AM
Good report and nice fish.

Cheers
Barry

lethal098
19-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Thanks Barry,
I will need to catch up with you soon as my sinker supply is starting to run low.
Cheers Lee

thelump
19-09-2011, 01:05 PM
Nice work mate. Some good snaps in that lot.

jason p
19-09-2011, 01:20 PM
thats a nice mix of snaps and pp there lee well done.

cheers jp

FINICKY
19-09-2011, 07:38 PM
How big was the big snapper? Best I got Saturday night on northern 29's was 67cm.
Yours looks a lot bigger.

Boab Bribie
19-09-2011, 11:57 PM
Hi Lee,
Nice catch there mate, good to see you made the most of the good weekend weather. ( wish i was home)
Cheers JAS

lethal098
20-09-2011, 08:06 AM
Finicky, didnt get exact measure but would have been around 75 the big 3.

Jas, Yeah was great weather for sure even if we were just out for the night, still well worth the lack of sleep though.

Cheers Lee

MEG-A-BITE
20-09-2011, 08:33 AM
Well done Lee,looks like a great session. Hope to get out there for a pm seesion some time soon.

lethal098
20-09-2011, 10:08 AM
Gday Megabite yeah was a good night,

Sorry with everything happening last week forgot to let you know i was going.

Possibly looking at a trip Sat night, Will let you know.

Cheers Lee

Vitamin Sea
20-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Good work, some nice fish there

Cheers

Bill