PDA

View Full Version : Great day to be alive

thelump
18-09-2011, 06:53 AM
Left Reddy bay at about 445am to a glassed out bay and crossed the SPB at the Amity end without even slowing down. Dead Flat!!
Had my young bloke and father inlaw(sort of) onboard to try for a feed of snaps. Headed to our usual haunts off Straddie with good shows but nothing doing. Only pulled 1 at 44cm. Received a text from Honda900 telling me of his great day the day before on a spot he had given me so I zipped down for a squiz. First bait floated back and bang. Up come a 60cm followed by another a bit smaller. The next couple of hours was great fun with all on board catching some fish and me getting done up at least 4 times by big fish. A couple to gear failure (20lb trace) so I upped the trace to 60lb and pulled up the best for the day at 85cm. The young bloke got some trag that he was happy with and we headed home with a good feed around 1130.
Most fish caught floatlining with mullet strips doing the best. The young bloke was bottom bashing for the trag.
Cheers Jason

EDIT: Forgot about the spectacular whale show we were given. Two humpbacks between the group and the beach in about 5m of water doing big tails slaps. We had to stop as we were going through that passage and they came up about 10-15m from the boat. It was a great start to the day. Never seen them that close to the beach before.

Adam_G
18-09-2011, 07:30 AM
Not a bad spot that hey!! Interesting mullet did the damage as all of our big snaps came on SP, only the small ones and Trag on bait. Good to see the young bloke getting in to fish.

Adam

honda900
18-09-2011, 07:47 AM
dont you just love it when your on the phone to a bloke and he almost swallows his phone when a rod goes off in the background..

Regards
HOnda.

Horse
18-09-2011, 08:26 AM
That 85 is a Trophy fish Jason. It must have been a pearler of a day

webby
18-09-2011, 10:26 AM
Good wx all round mate, the further we went off fraser the better the conditions.
We ended up with around 12 cobes, snaps, pearlies, tuskies, cod, aj's, mangrove jacks etc.
The only reds and we caught heaps were all under.
Should have went out again today the wx so kind.
regards

thelump
18-09-2011, 03:14 PM
Good wx all round mate, the further we went off fraser the better the conditions.
We ended up with around 12 cobes, snaps, pearlies, tuskies, cod, aj's, mangrove jacks etc.
The only reds and we caught heaps were all under.
Should have went out again today the wx so kind.
regards

Well done Webby. Would have been a great trip! I heard plenty of chatter on the radio about Cobes. I was originally going on a Cobe hunt but thought the crew I had would be better suited to the snaps.

thelump
18-09-2011, 03:16 PM
That 85 is a Trophy fish Jason. It must have been a pearler of a day

Yeah 2nd to best I have caught Neil. Best is in my avatar at 9kg. I'd love to know what towelled me up because if they were snaps they were monsters!! They hit and ran straight to the bottom and bust me off in the reef. Thinking Kings but never seen any in that area before??

thelump
18-09-2011, 03:18 PM
dont you just love it when your on the phone to a bloke and he almost swallows his phone when a rod goes off in the background..

Regards
HOnda.

Yeah rod was in my hand at the time Chris still floating down. Got a good burn on the thumb!!