PDA

View Full Version : Transtyle trailers. What do you know

stue2
14-09-2011, 10:00 PM
I have a mate looking at transtyle trailers. It is an alloy transtyle 2500L with bunks.
Does anyone know anything about them. They are all bolted together I believe and made in Melbourne.

Cheers, Stu

David Ambler
06-03-2012, 05:50 AM
I am looking at them at present. A pity there has been no reply to this post

PB
06-03-2012, 08:16 AM
Imported from O/S (been told China but don't know for sure) bolted together in Melbourne.

stue2
06-03-2012, 08:44 AM
I thought they looked ok being bolted together and bunks. Just hoping someone had some experience with them.

Cheers, Stu

wrxhoon
07-03-2012, 09:23 PM
I don't have first hand experience with them but I have with ally trailers that are bolted together .
No problem at all actualy better than welded ally because they won't crack next to the weld.
Look at the size of the I beam, how many crossmembers she has, are the Xmembers bolted on with a U bolt and two bolts on th I beam? this is best practice, depending on the trailer ATM the I beam size as a rule 140 mm for a 2.7 ton trailer . make sure all bolts , ubolts are S/S and put together with duralack to avoid galvanic corrosion. Torsion bar axles are best, not springs that rust. Best brakes are S/S but at least S/S calipers if you want them to work for a long time. Bunk trailers are tow very well on the road but can be a little harder to launch on shallow water because the baot sticks to the carpet. You can get bunk slides from USA to put on your bunks and the boat will slide off just like rollers. I would never use a roller trailer again after using them for many years .

BM
08-03-2012, 06:23 AM
A mate of mine is having one built at present. He's been to the factory on several occasions. The trailers are built on site from scratch (not imported from China and assembled here). Team of 4 guys that build them.

He's very impressed with the construction of the trailers and it's a 6 week wait to get it.

Very sturdy construction and they aren't prone to breaking like some others. (Particularly enclosed motorbike trailers)

PB
08-03-2012, 08:01 AM
BM Thanks for clarifying where they are built I was just going off what i was told by a few of my customers. If there built in Australia by Australians that are boaters and fishermen using Aus made alloy they will be a good thing i would say they will be a little more expensive than the US built ones but thats just the way it is.