PDA

View Full Version : checking an alternator part 2

finga
14-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Hello those who were interested in what voltage an alternator on an outboard would produce with no load connected to it well here it is.
I finally got around to checking the no load output voltage of the alternator on my Little 15hp Honda.
58.61VAC as measured with a Fluke 116 in gear at full throttle sitting on the trailer in the dam. The multimeter settings can be seen on the screen.

But don't tell anyone I was out at the dam OK.

Bye then
Scott

Jarrah Jack
14-09-2011, 05:21 PM
I'm very happy for you Finga but what does it mean if anything.

Spaniard_King
14-09-2011, 05:22 PM
I recon ya dodgied that one up. Wheres the pics of ya out on the dam.??

finga
14-09-2011, 05:32 PM
I'm very happy for you Finga but what does it mean if anything.
It means I was finally able to take the boat for a run and threw a line in the water you dope. ;D

It also means there's no way in hell there's hundreds of volts generated by my Honda alternator as mentioned by a member of this forum

I recon ya dodgied that one up. Wheres the pics of ya out on the dam.??
Bugger off. I can't let my reputation of been a non-fishing Aushfisher be squashed. No incriminating evidence left behind by this black duck.
But if you hurry out you'll get some yellow-belly and eel tailed catty for tea :)

PinHead
14-09-2011, 06:52 PM
ok..where is the certification by a NATA lab for the Fluke..no certificate no recognised result.

I get that all the time with my work..everything has to be checked and calibrated every 6 months.

finga
14-09-2011, 08:09 PM
Bugger. The meter is only 10 months old. Certification has to last at least a year doesn't it??
Oh well. You get that on these big jobs :(