PDA

View Full Version : Livewell info

melony
14-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Hey Guys

Quick question which inlet would be best for a livewell an aerator spray head or a bar style spray bar.
If going with a bar style what would be the best way to mount it, from the bottom with the water spraying out the top or feed from the bottom as seen below. or mount it in the side pointing downwards.

I want to set it up so it is of tournement class.

any feed back would be great

Thanks Tony

Nathan Tuskes
14-09-2011, 03:51 PM
mate the guys in the skeeters and stratos bass/bream boat are running a flowriteaerator head. I think the reasoning is it blasts the aerated water deeper andinto the live well water better. They are mounted about an inch or so abovewater level in the live well.

feel free to keep asking if this doesn't answer your question.
cheers nathan

OPTI
14-09-2011, 04:30 PM
the main thing a good live well needs is plenty of flow ,the pump is the most important piece in the puzzle,you want at least 100lt per minute of flow.im running a jabsco cyclone pump [110 lte per min]into a spray rail that runs along the bottom of the well ,its works perfect,slimeys happy all day,i also have an aerator head mounted at the top of the tank its plumbed into my deck wash pump but so far it hasnt been needed.the onlt thing i had to add was a scoop to my thru hull to force the water into the pump when i was traveling.

Timfishin4fun
14-09-2011, 05:16 PM
I also belive for a live well to work well it need to clean all the water.

Not just the top. All the toxin's go down low and fish try to hide low, in the end it gets em.

Just my 2c.

Timbo

Spaniard_King
14-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Clean water as often as possible for the best outcome, fresh water in the bottom and old water out the top best recipe for keeping fish/bait alive.

Out-Station
14-09-2011, 07:26 PM
I'm not a fan of systems that simply recirculate the same water. Spaniard king is on the money, pump the the fresh water in the bottom, overflow at the top, no spray bars or aerator thingy's necessary. No substitute for plenty of new water being input at the bottom and all the crap overflowing off the top IMO.

Scott

melony
14-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Hey Guys

Thanks heaps for all your input greatly appreciated.
I have decided to go with a flow-rite power stream aerator two reasons has a massive water displacement & the built in air vent lots of air infused water, I am thinking with these two combined I will have little or no amonia in the bottom of the tank and lots of water movement for good water in, bad water out exchange rate.

link to aerator
https://www.flow-rite.com/marine/product-info/aerators/powerstream

Does anyone know of an online store that sell's these i know bias does but there is others that need money as much as the monster stores of bias and whitworths.

again feedback is great guys lets hear it

thanks Tony

TheSaint
16-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Mate i run the flowrite power stream nozzle with rule 800gph pump which work really well. I have the over flow as high as the nozzle...

I got all my fitting thru flowrite australia & got the pump thru bias..

Here's a link to my livewell..

http://ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?123420-Bass-Electrics-here-i-come..