PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Sportfish 6.4lx cuddy

skipalong
04-09-2011, 09:00 PM
just after someone who has one of these old boats or knows about them looking to get one as a second boat just need info on hull thanks

MyWay
05-09-2011, 12:06 AM
Mate of my got bullet proof one walk around whit twin 90 Hondas,
Excellent boat and huge for 6.4, it is very heavy boat with tone of room
his boat is , I think 98 model and i heard the new one had problem with cracking around cabin but I could be wrong

myway

rodneyk
05-09-2011, 07:43 AM
just after someone who has one of these old boats or knows about them looking to get one as a second boat just need info on hull thanks
Contact Northside marine they have Dave McKenzie ph no the original builder of them i would think he may be the one to talk to from what ive heard they were the the pick of them cheers rod

Smithy
05-09-2011, 08:34 AM
The guy that won the tinny at Rainbow Comp this year has the one about Indys size, maybe a 6.0m and he reckons it is a bit broachy downsea. Would be just a scaled up one like Pete's. He should be able to fill you in.

The one Fadil is talking about gets used heaps and must go allright as he is out in everything. This week he was way wide of me when I was doing it tough in the 7.7m in close in 15+ of SW.

skipalong
05-09-2011, 03:39 PM
yerh fadil, mate those bullet proof series ones are far heavier, a pro mate had one cuddy that used to work our of fraser and was a top boat first started it life with twin 70's but was upgraded on the repower with 90's and was a top boat, im just looking around atm as they seem to few and far between they just seemed to be a better old hull than a few of the other builder at that time.

whats it like on fuel with the 90's if i can find one i was looking at repowering it with the new suzi 90's may be a tad under powered but not after speed in the long run. would prefer a cuddy not sure of weight difference but would have a sizable amount more room than the centre cab.

you have a pic of it fadil ?

cheers justin