PDA

View Full Version : Updated Australia's most popular fish

Jason Killen
01-09-2011, 06:55 PM
Here is the correct updated version. Sorry about the last one ignore it (Note: Don't press enter when filling out the poll :) Hope this one is better

thelump
02-09-2011, 01:02 PM
Still no Cobia mate

Jason Killen
02-09-2011, 02:17 PM
I agree Cobia are a great fish up there as one of my favourites too! Sorry mate too many fish to chose from and you can only put 20 options in a poll.

sooty
02-09-2011, 09:45 PM
No Sooty Grunter

NAGG
02-09-2011, 10:01 PM
If it was popular ..... I dont know how you can go past bream . Bream are accessable & found round a big part of the Aussie coastline . I reckon a great number of Aussie anglers have cut their teeth on bream .
there are certainly more prestegious, challenging or desireable fish - but !

Chris

NAGG
02-09-2011, 10:03 PM
how many anglers have fished for or caught a cobia ? ........ pffffff It would be like asking a Queenslander if they have fished for a rainbow or brown trout !

chris

Muddy Toes
02-09-2011, 10:18 PM
The poor fellas darned if he does and darned if he doesn't............can't make everyone happy.

sleepygreg
03-09-2011, 01:21 AM
what happened to drummer and luderick???

theoldlegend
03-09-2011, 06:15 AM
No grinners either.

TOL

webby
03-09-2011, 07:22 AM
Tuskies should be on the list, piss the trevally off.

Peter4
03-09-2011, 07:23 AM
Like all of these polls - a useless waste of time and energy that achieve nothing...

Jason Killen
03-09-2011, 09:45 AM
I think some people need to take life a little less seriously. I knew I was never going to please everyone because there are too many fish but the majority of popular species are here. This wasn't meant to be controversial, just something to see what fish people are interested in. Nobody is talking about the results so far which are quite interesting. Flathead as expected is doing well but others like aussie bass and trout which are a high profile fish in the media are doing quite poorly in comparison. Red emperor are doing well which is a suprise in the fact there is not a lot written about them in the media but I agree they are a great fish, taste good, pull hard and look great. Good to see aussie anglers are not guided by media and can make their own judgements. Polls don't need to be a waste of time, if you don't want to vote then don't. No time wasted.
Cheers
Jase

NAGG
03-09-2011, 01:59 PM
I think some people need to take life a little less seriously. I knew I was never going to please everyone because there are too many fish but the majority of popular species are here. This wasn't meant to be controversial, just something to see what fish people are interested in. Nobody is talking about the results so far which are quite interesting. Flathead as expected is doing well but others like aussie bass and trout which are a high profile fish in the media are doing quite poorly in comparison. Red emperor are doing well which is a suprise in the fact there is not a lot written about them in the media but I agree they are a great fish, taste good, pull hard and look great. Good to see aussie anglers are not guided by media and can make their own judgements. Polls don't need to be a waste of time, if you don't want to vote then don't. No time wasted.
Cheers
Jase

I hear where Pete4 is coming from ...... & in reality his comment is probably correct .
From a standpoint of this being predominantly a Qld site - the results would be skewed toward local species ( hence the Red Emperor & Mangrove Jack results - and the low results for trout)
If such a poll was conducted on Fishnet - you'd have gummy sharks , KG Whiting & Snapper leading the poll - so in reality its a poll for Queenslanders & their target species.
btw - that is an interesting comment about the media - I reckon that would make a good topic in it's own right !

Chris

Boat Hog
03-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Like all of these polls - a useless waste of time and energy that achieve nothing...

Ahh ... I think Peter4's favourite fish is ..... Jason Killen ... and he sure hooked him with this one!:P;)

tunaticer
03-09-2011, 05:02 PM
Surprises me that barra are not rating very highly, thought there were more barraddicts on this site.

Jason Killen
04-09-2011, 09:47 AM
Jack I thought so too. Many profile pics have people with big barra so I thought it would be up there giving flathead a run for its money. Barra are also more accessable than red emperor. Maybe it is because they can often be difficult to catch when conditions don't suit them.
Jase

thelump
04-09-2011, 01:38 PM
how many anglers have fished for or caught a cobia ? ........ Pffffff it would be like asking a queenslander if they have fished for a rainbow or brown trout !

Chris

:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-? Me :p:p:-*

webby
04-09-2011, 02:00 PM
There are plenty of cobes caught around these waters, some (wont mention names) just happen to jag them ??

004dam
04-09-2011, 03:54 PM
Surprised there is only 8 votes for trevs, There so much fun on light gear!

thelump
04-09-2011, 05:11 PM
There are plenty of cobes caught around these waters, some (wont mention names) just happen to jag them ??

Just jealous a cockroach showed you up Webby! Are you coming on the Fraser trip this weekend?

bennykenny
04-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Come on Jason, i cant belive you would run a poll, how dare you, this will be a flawed poll anyway, you wont be able to use this in any study. And you havent listed my favourite fish, the pickled herring in this poll so how do you expect to get a true result.

All tounge in cheek mate;) Yes i have run a poll aswell, just cant please some people!!!

Jason Killen
04-09-2011, 08:48 PM
I know Benny the hide of me :) Sorry I forgot the pickled herring I also relieze I forgot the deep sea racing mullet and the mexican walking fish. Dropped the ball on that one :)

GM-Bluewater
05-09-2011, 02:32 PM
What about Gatton Cobia?? (Remora) haha

Good poll though mate!

wayno60
05-09-2011, 02:46 PM
should start up a pole to see if polls are worth polling

Si
05-09-2011, 02:58 PM
hahahaha, go on........

bennykenny
05-09-2011, 06:23 PM
should start up a pole to see if polls are worth polling

i reckon polls would poll well, but im sure the knockers will still vote in the poles that they think arnt worth voting in!!!!

nathank
05-09-2011, 09:04 PM
lol nice one wayno bahahaha, there will always be people that whinge... im dissapointed that the beautifull and highly regarded southern sergent baker isnt present and i cant believe for a second that the highly regarded wirrah isnt on here so im not voting lol

NAGG
05-09-2011, 11:08 PM
I would have said Bream , Flathead , snapper , Tailor & whiting - In that order for popularity

chris

Ps - personally I like Barramundi , Jacks , Kingfish , Tuna & Mulloway 8-)

Trotter
18-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Would have been good to see how Lethrinus miniatus scored in the poll? Good poll

Cheers