PDA

View Full Version : Perfect day off the Goldie

dicko56
01-09-2011, 05:58 PM
I have had the newset boat for the last 3 months and had not had the time and the weather to venture out to the 36's till today. It had been a few years since my last boat had been out here so the landmarks were a bit rusty, but after scrounging around I finally found a show of fish. First 2 drops produced 2 snapper, one big enough and the other just under. then it went quiet and instead of getting hit on the way down I made it to the bottom and felt that familiar feel of the rod loading up.
The little reef shark made a mess on his way up collecting the live bait line and a "sleeper"on the other side of the boat. Being an EX Vic I still love my flake and these size sharks are excellent eating. I had to make several moves after that to increase my bag but eventually got my bag of 4 snapper, the shark, my first pearlie for a while.... spotX marked fro future recon hehehe..... a parrot a pigfish and a mack tuna that I mistook for a big snapper before that telltale donkdonkdonk of the rod tip gave him away. Plenty of whales seen frolicing on their way back home and glassy seas mmost of the way home made for a great day out..... roll on next week!!!

3rd degree
01-09-2011, 11:27 PM
Nice mixed bag

cheers
Jim

FINICKY
02-09-2011, 01:25 PM
Looks good. Hopefully Sunday is flat and productive for fathers day. Doesn't look like it though.