PDA

View Full Version : goldie today ,kings and jew

OPTI
31-08-2011, 06:14 PM
seeing the weekeng forecast is looking crap again ,i chucked a sikky and took two mates out fishing ,my mate tod was down from the mines in emerald so i had to get him out for a fish.
we headed ne of the seaway first stop was some live bait ,they have been a little hard to find of late ,but we jackpotted today on a good show of slimeys,and filled the bait tank ,from there we headed wide out to 80m to some king spots ,the sounder was bare ,i had to search hard today ,first good show saw two nice jew come on board ,always a welcome by catch ,still no kings ,searched further north and found a solid show a little deeper ,still the kings wernt really playing ,4 rat size came on board and we lost 2 xos pulling the hook and 1 rub off,at least my gear didnt let us down,we headed in at 2 to a cobia spot ,had a good show on the sounder but they wernt hungry ,still had a great day although it was a bit windy out wide.everyone eating fish for tea,heres a couple of pics ,and of the sounder ,im still getting used to using the sounder but when its shows fish ,you hook up ,so im pretty happy with it.

nigelr
31-08-2011, 06:18 PM
Some great fish there opti!
With the sounder, is that a split view?
Cheers.

OPTI
31-08-2011, 06:32 PM
yes mate low freq on the left and hi freq on the right,i run it in dual mode most of the time and i can zoom and go single mode with just a twist of a dial.

Vitamin Sea
31-08-2011, 08:27 PM
Nice work Opti

I would like to see the sounder with range/shift on the right and BL on the left, would be a good show I recon.

Good to see you getting the benifits now from 2 or so years working on the boat.

Cheers

outwide1
31-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Good day out on the blue water office Opti.Sounder looks good,i normally
run mine a spilt screen but on a 1 frequency.We normally run one side
with a 20 mtr window or the whole depth we are in and the other side zooming
in on only 4 to 6 mtrs of the bottom.This way we are able to seperate the fish from the bottom
and the weed that grows on the bottom.Just a suggestion and im probably telling you something you already know.
Good day Opti,cheers Mick

Vitamin Sea
01-09-2011, 06:37 AM
Good day out on the blue water office Opti.Sounder looks good,i normally
run mine a spilt screen but on a 1 frequency.We normally run one side
with a 20 mtr window or the whole depth we are in and the other side zooming
in on only 4 to 6 mtrs of the bottom.This way we are able to seperate the fish from the bottom
and the weed that grows on the bottom.Just a suggestion and im probably telling you something you already know.
Good day Opti,cheers Mick

That's exactly what I was getting at Mick, no doubt Opti is aware though

Cheers

OPTI
01-09-2011, 06:40 AM
thanks for those tips lads ,im still getting my head around the sounder,il give those suggestions a try,cheers dave

mattooty
01-09-2011, 09:25 AM
Some great fish mate,and love the sounder shots. My old man is looking at getting one of those for his boat. I'll link him this page so he can have a look see.
They are absolute cracker Trag though! They don't get much bigger than that.

Vitamin Sea
01-09-2011, 10:37 AM
Hi Opti

At lets say that 88m mark, like Mick I would have the screen split, with bottom lock on the LHS. On the RHS I would have the range set at say 20metres then I would shift down 70 metres, so that the entire window would only be showing the 18 metres, you will see everything, especially with your set up.

Cheers