PDA

View Full Version : Mtune by Stessco Renegade 452

Gap Guy
29-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Hi all, just joined Ausfish today so this is my first post. Went to the boat show Friday, looking at buying an Mtune (by stessco) Renegade 452 side consol tinnie with Yamaha 60 hp 4 stroke. The boat is a special build for Mtune with 3mm bottom and 3mm sides and better seats and other gear than a regular Stessco Renegade. Anyone know anything about these boats in terms of quality etc. I am not worried about the motor, the hull looked really solid and the finish was good.

boatie_72
30-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Do a search on here and you will get some info.

Also do a ASIC search for ALBO Marine (mother company)

Worth a look before you purchase.

Sheik
30-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Gappy, the yammy 60 is a brilliant motor, but you're going to have a wet boat. Just be aware that spray in a side console is going to make your life miserable if it's cold, even more so than a centre console. I've owner a stessco and it was a beaut little boat, so that's all i can say about that. But as boatie says, do some research on here and internet too.
regards jIm

Gap Guy
30-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Thanks boatie-72, did a search and I see what you mean, can you confirm if ALBO connected with Stessco or with Marine Tune or both. Would appreciate a quick reply as I have paid a small deposit.

Gap Guy
30-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Thanks Shiek, I originally wanted a centre consol, I have a crook back and it is better if I stand, but I was impressed by the room in the centre console, I may have to rethink this option cheers

Shawn 66
30-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Gappy, the yammy 60 is a brilliant motor, but you're going to have a wet boat. Just be aware that spray in a side console is going to make your life miserable if it's cold, even more so than a centre console. I've owner a stessco and it was a beaut little boat, so that's all i can say about that. But as boatie says, do some research on here and internet too.
regards jIm
G'Day Jim,
Not trying to start a sh!t fight , however I have a 4.2 plate side console and the only time I get wet is when it is raining .
As I said not trying to start a sh!tfight , just giving my thoughts.
Shawn
PS Probably should mention , my girl is not a Stessco

PADDLES
30-08-2011, 06:15 PM
hi gap guy, i think all pressed alloy boats can have their issues, usually it's when they're used outside their comfort zone or sometimes it's a production fault (that can be expected sometimes considering these things are mass produced and relatively cheap for what they are). either way, don't be too scared to own a stressco, i've got one and it's fine, our local dealer has been selling them for ages with minimal issues too. at the end of the day too, don't be too worried about parent companies going out of business either, it can happen to any company you deal with. if they do not honour their warranties, i'm sure the reputable dealer you buy it off will somehow help you out or if it comes to the worst your local alloy welder can fix it up for you for minimal expense. even if they go bust after you've paid a deposit to your reputable dealer, your contract is with the dealer and not the manufacturer so you can be expecting to not lose that money. anyway welcome to the forums mate and you'll soon figure out how to pick the good info from the old wive's tales.

Gap Guy
31-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Thanks Paddles, sounds like good advice to me, I am very happy with the layout of the boat and the extras I am having fitted, I am looking forward to many good years use, cheers Gap Guy

BOMBIE
02-09-2011, 10:04 PM
GG Mate ,I wished someone had given me this advise prior to my years dramas,, to be sure check out ALL stessco/four seasons/albo maine posts/info PM them if you have to, BUT I know I might be hounded ,but the only true story comes from disgruntled customers !! if you have had no problems then, well and good ,,BUT!! its WHEN you have a problem then you HAVE one!!!!.. ,been there ,WONT go back, Cheers

Plumb-Ezy74
03-09-2011, 10:19 PM
Hi Gap Guy
I have a Stessco 625 center cab new in Nov 2004 it has been a great boat its got 700hrs on it i haven't had any problems with the boat. Back in 07 we had a major problem with the trailer when it was hot dipped it had not been rotated properly so all of the cross members on one side had rusted through all in the same spot on the same angle we bought the boat from River city marine and they directed us to albo marine at Narangba, we droped the trailer down there and a week or two later the trailer came back with new cross member section replaced .Nearly 3 years after we bought it to say i was happy with the warranty is an under statement. 4yrs later and the trailer is still going well 5 trips to Fraser later. Good luck and good fishing with your new boat sound great.
Cheers Scott.