PDA

View Full Version : Pin Offshore, One drift wonder.

Floating Rib
27-08-2011, 07:23 AM
Had a run out through the pin bar on Friday morning, took my Brother in law who hasnt been to sea for 20 years ( ill be fine , dont need a tablet he says the night before), checked a bump id seen on the sounder in about 80ft of water last trip which had a bit of bait showing but nothing dramatic. First drift my bro catches a nice sand flatty about 50cm, as im trying to help him unhook my rod gets hit in the holders, nice weight so i imagine a small king or such, anyway a few bumps on the line and im not so sure, anyway nice snapper pops to the surface and bro nets it ( RIB boat so not big on using a gaff unless necessary), hes had his head down unhooking his fish and is now feeling shit, ive been there so had some sympathy but really wanted another drift, had another run through and released 1 undersized squire but then packed up as bro was by this stage bent over the tubes chuckling, what a bastard leaving what could have been a nice bite. Will try and load photo but Snap was 89cm and fat as mud, pb by quite a bit.

dicko56
27-08-2011, 07:28 AM
Well donr.... saw u in Jacobs well channel before u went out.... god those salmon are hard to work out. Top fish mate

Floating Rib
27-08-2011, 07:35 AM
Hi Dicko Yep agree on the salmon, they say match the hatch but sometimes im getting rsi from changin lures and still no good, longtails off the pin bar last week were the same tried, slugs, poppers, slices(sounds like some nightclub drug list) and couldnt get a hit ( must admit im not the worlds greatest fisherman but it is frustrating when surrounded by fish). Thats why i think the above was the worlds unluckiest snapper.

TREVELLY
27-08-2011, 09:43 AM
Well done FR - a nice snap.

Paternoster and pillies or squid?

I have a policy in my boat after having half the trips in past ruined by sicko's that "never get sick" - and that is take a pill or you don't come - it is an easy policy to enforce. Mate go to the shelf 3 hours $150 in fuel and watch someone chuck for hours - no one is happy.

Floating Rib
27-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Good policy Trevelly, being sick sucks but taking a tablet is easy, its rare it get onto a decent fish so driving away from them after a few minutes sucks, Bait was squid on a single hook paternoster.

Good_as_Gold
27-08-2011, 10:44 PM
I get chronic sea sick to the point I even have injections aboard to help I have never come in from vomiting I just hang in there with arsehole out my mouth and in the water I even had bait fish pulling the guey shit from my throat. My policy is I have never left for my self so there is no chance I will come home for any one else,they are warned.

Good_as_Gold
27-08-2011, 10:46 PM
Good fish mate next time tell him you have a suppoistory for him.

fisho8
27-08-2011, 10:59 PM
Nice Fish there mate well done. I went out on a fishing charter with about 14 guys and 10 of them got sick nothing worse then hearing so many people throwing up on and off for about 6 hours. i pop a couple of Kwells the night before I have gone out offshore and have 2 more before I get on the boat. Never been sick once.

Timfishin4fun
28-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Good to see ya got a fish.

Maybe next time you will get your bag.

How far did you get out? Bait grounds?

Timbo

Angla
28-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Nice fish. You know you did the right thing with the Bro. The fish will still be there next week

bermo82
29-08-2011, 02:56 PM
mate, that's a nice boat! well done on the fish also!

Cheers

Bermo

swabio
29-08-2011, 10:14 PM
I dont generally get sea sick, but will kwell it up just to ensure that I dont! Rather be safe than sorry ;)