PDA

View Full Version : Big W "Campmaster" Esky - Anyone got one ?

Scott79
23-08-2011, 08:46 PM
Had a look at them a while ago, and I recall they seemed reasonable quality - but at the time I wasn't looking for the sake of buying one.

The latest catalogue has the 62L model for $98, which has me interested. Has anybody got one?

I am looking mainly for a bait esky, not expecting it to make ice or anything but I want it to perform 'reasonably' at least.

Has anyone got an alternate option for a similar size and price?

Thanks,
Scott.

miss be have
24-08-2011, 07:53 PM
hay mate google techniice they make a great ice box and there cheap mine keeps ice for a week

Midnight
25-08-2011, 05:31 PM
Scott they are great, myself and a few mates have bought them now. They hold ice well and are well made. Excellent value for money I reckon.
No silly handles to break off, or bungy cords to perish. The rubber feet pull off easy enough if you want to be able to slide it around.

Cheers,
Myles

Scott79
25-08-2011, 10:41 PM
Thanks guys.
MBH, I had heard good things on Techniice just googled it and a 60L is $129 + $15 delivery, which seems reasonable. Just watched one on flea bay go for $118 + Freight, so someone has saved themselves $11... ::)

Thanks for the feedback Midnight, it defintely puts it in contention.

Will take another look at the BigW one which may help the decision, although after looking online a bit I am thinking I may be able to go smaller than a 60 also, so still looking.

Scott.

Goochi
26-08-2011, 03:44 PM
I'll put in another vote for the techniice, pretty happy with mine. Great value for money.

Argle
26-08-2011, 03:55 PM
Another vote for Techni ice here too

rowanda
26-08-2011, 04:07 PM
i've got Tropical's which I love (had them for years and bought them before they were ridiculous in price) but have used Techni aswell which I think are good, especially for the $.
In saying that a few mates have the bigW 60L ones and they perform well, especially for under the $100 mark.
For a 60L I don't think you'll be unhappy

Scott79
27-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Had another look at Big W today, and will probably go that way. It looks as though it would benefit from another seal around the top though, the latch didnt really pull the lid down as firmly as I would have liked. I don't mind putting a second seal on the lid at that price though.

Scott.