PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne Snapper charter

PeterGar
23-08-2011, 07:26 PM
Hi

My wife is at a conference in Melbourne on October 17/18 so I was thinking of creating my own conference while she becomes educated and going snapper fishing in Port Phillip Bay.

Can anyone recommend a suitable charter. I will be staying in downtown Mebourne so would need to rent a car and drive down each day to wherever we needed to leave from.

I wonder what the frozen hand luggage restrictions are.

Thanks
PeterGar

Jarrah Jack
23-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Perfect time of the year for the snapper. I would be avoiding the party boat type charter and go for the smaller boat charter out Hastings or Stoney point on Western Port Bay. Google earth it. There is an operator called Gawaine Blake who I think is about to go out on his own. He would be my first choice. Cranbourne Tackle world will have his mobile number.

I often fly from Darwin with Barra fillets. I just wrap them carefully and shove them in the suitcase. Jetstar don't let you take eskys anymore. Don't know the other airlines policies.

PeterGar
23-08-2011, 11:20 PM
Thnaks Jack

I will definitely follow them up. I will see if I can get a few folks together and maybe put a private charter together.

This is probably not the best place for this post but is anyone elese out there interested in sharing a charter?

I did attempt to bring a 5KG Wide Mouth Nanagai back frozen on Virgin once form Cairns. It was amusing at the XRAY machine and eventually had to be checked as baggage.

Airport security has no sense of humour.

P

netmaker
24-08-2011, 07:05 AM
flying fish????

Jarrah Jack
24-08-2011, 10:03 AM
Here we go Peter gawaine@bigtimefishingcharters.com.au 0411103367 Book him early as he will be filling up fast that time of year.

He doesn't take that many people on board, perhaps 4? He knows where the biggest fish are too, you can send me the GPS co ords later.;D

pescados
24-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Airport security has no sense of humour.

You can say that again, they think they own the place.

Lbudgie
27-08-2011, 11:11 PM
Here we go Peter gawaine@bigtimefishingcharters.com.au 0411103367 Book him early as he will be filling up fast that time of year.

He doesn't take that many people on board, perhaps 4? He knows where the biggest fish are too, you can send me the GPS co ords later.;D

Yep , this bloke and you cant go wrong:)

PeterGar
11-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Thanks gents. I have spoken to up Gawaine and Matt and will book a trip out with both in the next month.

Thanks for the tips.

Pete