PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Tide Predictions???????????

grumpy santa
23-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Does anyone know where I might be able to access the 2012 tide predictions for QLD?

The usual issues available around October each year are a little bit late.

I like to plan my fishing trips well in advance so I can get a leave pass from the boss(wife) before she can plan her(our) activities like wild flowers, hiking, etc......................yuck.

bondy99
23-08-2011, 10:57 AM
grumpy santa.

You could try to BOM site they usually have tide information on there, just select month and year...you will normally get at least 7 days info at a time but you also need to select day beginning, its a pain doing it this way but it works then you can have an idea of what next year's predicted tide info is.

Hope this helps.

I'd like to get out for a fish when I can but not having a boat is a bit challenging.

Cheers, Bondy

STUIE63
23-08-2011, 11:12 AM
as Bondy said http://www.bom.gov.au/oceanography/tides/

MudRiverDan
23-08-2011, 11:36 AM
Does anyone find that the tide from "Willys Weather" are always inaccurate for Brisbane and Bay areas?

Or am I reading them wrong, because I have often found them around 2 hours out for Brisbane areas..

fat-buoy
26-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Just as a bit of a totally useless fact :) My grandfather was "Cyclone Bill" he was the one that pioneered the tide guide that you buy in the tackle shops at the moment. He was pretty switched on and lived the life of the sea and when he died many years back he had boxes and boxes of slides of clouds and sunsets and rises etc.. all of which I am led to believe he used to predict the tides and cyclones.

If I only possessed an ounce of that skill I would be a pretty happy man, but instead go to the bom site also :)

cheers