PDA

View Full Version : Major Fishing contests. Which ones are great?

Chris Tucker
22-08-2011, 03:06 PM
Quick question for those of you that travel the land in search of trophies. If I wanted to take some new boats to a few tournaments up and down the east coast, at which ones could I expect to see the biggest crowds? I'm particularly looking for comps where everyone ends up at the same beach/ramp so we can expose the boats to the masses.

tunaticer
22-08-2011, 05:33 PM
The R2M would have to be one of the nations highlights i think.

bennykenny
22-08-2011, 05:42 PM
why dont you look at sponsorship of some of the events instead of just mooching of the work of these hardworking people that put these comps together, i know alot of them work their asses off for their clubs throughout the whole year to get these comps up and running organising sponsorships and the like, maybe then you might get your boats noticed.

charlie09
22-08-2011, 06:16 PM
why dont you look at sponsorship of some of the events instead of just mooching of the work of these hardworking people that put these comps together, i know alot of them work their asses off for their clubs throughout the whole year to get these comps up and running organising sponsorships and the like, maybe then you might get your boats noticed.

Well said Benny!! Chris if you have money to build boats you surely have money to sponsor some of these events! I dont think that the organisers of the events will be asking silly amounts of money for you to put up the name of your company. Put something back into the industry mate.

Cheers

sleepygreg
22-08-2011, 08:00 PM
What type of boats are you talking about Chris? It could make a diference as to what type of tournament/competition you should be aiming for (target market).

Rodman
23-08-2011, 12:04 PM
The Rainbow Beach Family Fishing Competition
This comp is very family friendly and especially kid friendly.
I believe it is 8 days of fishing bliss.
There are plenty of sponsors especially from the local business who are the ones who benefit from us buying bait and groceries etc.

Ken.

Peter4
23-08-2011, 12:30 PM
ABT Flathead comp on the Gold Coast this Sunday...

Captain Seaweed
23-08-2011, 03:13 PM
gone now unfortunately , Toyota Fraser Fishing Comp was the best around. Unreal set up, unreal prizes and unreal location. It was the first time I had seen farmers with massive boats dragging them up the beach to go fishing. Anyway sorry about the non input but had to put it up.

theoldlegend
23-08-2011, 03:40 PM
The R2M would have to be one of the nations highlights i think.

Definitely right up there with the best. ::)

One of the prizes was a gold plated dunny. :o

TOL

webby
23-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Bowen Fishing Classic
Boyne Tannum hookup
Rainbow Beach Comp
Redland Bay Challenge
Tackle and Tinnie Show
Brisbane and Sanctuary Cove Boat Shows
The bottom two would be where you would get the greatest exposure.

As the above have mentioned, it depends on the type of boats you want to display (offshore or estuary)
A little sponsorship at any event will help.

Yes the R2M needs a little sponsorship, and a few could test drive what ever your selling.