PDA

View Full Version : 36's North of Jumpinpin

mark johno
17-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Hey Guys,

Ran out thru the Pin Bar Yesterday hoping for a good day on the Snapper.
Started at Sullies trying to jig some bait but was tough going and lots of current running to the South.
We then ran to the usual spots on the 36's to the north, and again quite a bit of current running to the south, we dropped out the para anchor and started our drift with the soft plastics, I was marking a lot of fish on the sounder but the numbers were not in the esky. From around 8am till 2pm we managed only 3 squire 3 pearlies one Jew and two Bonito not real impressive for that amount of time and most were caught on bait.
As a matter of interest I went back through all of my biggest Snapper captures and compared the Moon phases over the last few years and noted that most of my fish were caught either side of the new moon, not sure if the recent full moon had any affect, what do you guys think on this?

vertico
17-08-2011, 10:57 PM
i usually find the full moon on my spots is good in the arvo / night time. did really well last year around this time and a full moon. Im gonna hit my spots up in september for the full moon but this time arvo fishing.