PDA

View Full Version : Trailcraft Side Panels

nautimax
16-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Just wondering if anyone has bought side panels only from Trailcraft Boats?...I want to install a casting deck/storage enclosure in the front of my 540 Tournament C/C.

The idea is to obtain a left & right side panel pair, cut to desired length, weld a floor as well as a front and back piece, install a lid and trap door (with drain channels) then glue the whole thing to the sides as well as fasten it to the anchor well...sounds feasible?

The alternative is to just use flat ally sheets for the whole thing and use Sikaflex to glue the sides...I haven't sussed out the profile of the boat sides yet but I would imagine there would be a hell of a lot of Sikaflex required using this design...any ideas would be appreciated. Cheers.

Noelm
17-08-2011, 09:56 AM
It might be possible, but I really dont quite understand what you want to do, making a casting deck and so on is pretty easy stuff, but I dont know what "side panels" are.

nautimax
18-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Side Panels...Noelm, you know how the boat sides (AL sheets) have a profile rolled/formed to it (stepped/chines)...well I reckon if I could obtain a section of these "side panels" I could build my casting platform out of them and install it so that the platform sits up snug following the profile of the existing sides of my boat...probably clear as mud but I see if I could attach a drawing/sketch of my project...just an idea whilst under the influence :)

Noelm
19-08-2011, 02:37 PM
AH, I think I see, you want the sections that the outside of the boat was made out of, and then fit them inside to form a double hull almost, sort of think it is a rather long winded and expensive way to go about it myself.

nautimax
23-08-2011, 09:15 AM
...yes, I have an inkling that it might blow the budget out...I might just use plain Ally sheets...will be looking out for similar projects here cheers.