PDA

View Full Version : Gladstone Motel or similar

PinHead
16-08-2011, 02:41 PM
I need a motel room or similar in or around Gladstone this coming Saturday night..anyone know or recommend somewhere decent without paying a kings ransom.

lethal098
16-08-2011, 02:49 PM
plenty of good hotels up there mate, Cant really miss with any of them.

gunna
16-08-2011, 02:50 PM
How close to Gladstone Greg ?? Awoonga Lodge cabins are ok but probably 30 minutes away.

catfishkid
16-08-2011, 02:53 PM
I would suggest you google gladstone accomodation and see what you find? A couple of years back I stayed in a cabin at the caravan park opposite wild cattle ck in tannum sands,it was good clean and a short walk across the road to the creek for a peacefull stroll. Tarrifs were very reasonable at the time

Cheers Craig

Peter4
16-08-2011, 03:00 PM
Accommodation in Gladstone is quite difficult due to the big LNG projects there. While they are in the process of building the workmans' digs, they are all using up a lot of the available accommodation in the area.

I stayed up there in mid July and was pleasantly surprised by my accommodation in a self contained apartment rather than a motel room.

Stayed at Metro Apartments on top of the hill...

Cheers

Pete

GBC
16-08-2011, 05:57 PM
I always used the Mid City motor inn when up there. Close to everything, reasonably priced and good hosts.
Been 10 years though.

Jason Killen
16-08-2011, 06:00 PM
You will really need to shop around as getting accomodation is getting very difficult and expensive in Gladstone at the moment. You are going on a weekend which is good because you would have bucklys otherwise. Check on the net first and then ring. If you look at sites like wotif.com most of the time it is sold out or at an extremely expensive rate. Try the Queens Hotel, or the harbour lodge, or rustys (formally the rusty anchor). These places will often have spots on the weekends. The metro can be quite expensive at times. If no luck try boyne/tannum or benaraby or awoonga as mentioned before. Shop around and ring many places because it can be tough and could mean the difference between $100 a night and $300.
Cheers
Jase

Jarrah Jack
16-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Newby's up that way. Any good at selling cars?

Greg001
16-08-2011, 07:54 PM
Yeah good luck with it, Ring now and you might have a chance but most of my suppliers tell me they are staying in Rocky and driving down everyday because they can't get accom here.
As everyone said ring around first

Greg

Cheech
17-08-2011, 11:35 AM
My mum drove up to MacKay 2 weeks ago and stopped off at Gladstone not pre booked. Everything was completely sold out. As mentioned, all due to the mines. You may need to just settle for whatever you can get at whatever price they want.

PinHead
17-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Finally found one..thanks all. Hell, why would so many people ever want to go to Gladstone to start with.

Lucky_Phill
17-08-2011, 04:04 PM
I just went through that Greg.

Had a 2 day job in Gladdie and could not find motel accom in Gladstone.

Ended up at Benaraby Tourist Park, some 15 minutes from job.

Not bad digs and servo right beside it.

Cheers Phill

ps, yes Newby is there............ still. :) :)

charleville
17-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Hell, why would so many people ever want to go to Gladstone to start with.

That sounds like the question, "Why do they put fences around cemeteries?"

No one can get out and certainly no one wants to get in!

;D;D;D

Lucky_Phill
17-08-2011, 05:56 PM
FYI.

all motel accom is booked out Monday to Friday.................. for a long time

Rental properties start at $400 / week and most are 500 plus.

Gladstone is not a bad place, but I like Tannum Sands better.

Here's a pic or two of where i had breakfast Tuesday morning

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm246/Lucky_Phill/Tannum-Sands-bar.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm246/Lucky_Phill/Tannum-Sands-estuary.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm246/Lucky_Phill/Tannum-Sands-bar-2.jpg

Yes i was working...... laptop on table and bottle of refreshing...... Mother to start the day :) :)

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm246/Lucky_Phill/Tannum-Sands--hoodie-2.jpg

LP.

PinHead
17-08-2011, 07:15 PM
funny thing is..don't even want to go to Gladstone. It was my daughter's 30th birthday yesterday so going up there to go to dinner with her..they are in Mt Larcom but Gladstone is the closest "civilised' place to there. last time I went to Gladstone was aeons ago..drove up there..1995 I think it was..state judo titles..remember the Sunday Mail that morning that the Super League war had started.

Greg001
19-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Why not stay at your Daughters place and go to the Mt Larcom pub for tea? Last time i was there (years ago ) it wasn't a bad feed

Greg

thedeckie
19-08-2011, 10:36 PM
funny thing is..don't even want to go to Gladstone. It was my daughter's 30th birthday yesterday so going up there to go to dinner with her..they are in Mt Larcom but Gladstone is the closest "civilised' place to there. last time I went to Gladstone was aeons ago..drove up there..1995 I think it was..state judo titles..remember the Sunday Mail that morning that the Super League war had started.

Your daughter would surely know our Nth Qld truck driver Jimmy Goldsmith.

Cheers

Paul

PS: he's like the mad cat lady off the Simpsons, don't worry Greg your daughter will know what I mean!