PDA

View Full Version : off caloundra early

brenno360
15-08-2011, 01:06 PM
well we went off caloundra nice and early this morning, the bar was very good to us, it was flat and made it quite easy to cross at 5:45 in twilight under the near full moon,
with in a matter of minutes of getting to our spot we had landed the first keeper, after landing about 4 in the first halfa they went a bit quite, made the switch from squid n pillys to flesh baits, n we were off again landing some nice fish for the tally, only managed to land one keep after 7:30, kept fishing till 9:30 but nothing would touch our baits except for peckers... in total we got 12 nice fish :)

cheers brenno

new2bris31
15-08-2011, 01:45 PM
great to see. am thinking of going out on tuesday so this has made up my mind. Not many snapper though.

brenno360
15-08-2011, 02:05 PM
yer tomorrow should be another awesome day, i think im goin to head out again on wednesday...
as for snapper there was a lot less out there today then usual, but we still landed maybe 8 or so that were just under between the 30-35 mark... very annoying when they pull up 5mm from being legel...

Coodgee
15-08-2011, 02:38 PM
yer tomorrow should be another awesome day, i think im goin to head out again on wednesday...
as for snapper there was a lot less out there today then usual, but we still landed maybe 8 or so that were just under between the 30-35 mark... very annoying when they pull up 5mm from being legel...

its like that at every popular spot hey. shows how much fishing pressure these areas are under. The moment a resident snapper hits 35cm he's in the esky! it's the same with crabs in some parts of Townsville, they are all 1cm under.

charlie09
15-08-2011, 02:46 PM
its like that at every popular spot hey. shows how much fishing pressure these areas are under. The moment a resident snapper hits 35cm he's in the esky! it's the same with crabs in some parts of Townsville, they are all 1cm under.

Yea we know the feeling of being just under size hey Paul? ;D

brenno360
15-08-2011, 02:52 PM
yer its hard to find somewhere that hasnt been fished a lot, but i was watching a show the other day on snapper, apparently they are territorial and stay quite close to the area of reef that they were born on, so with all the under sized snaps, it would go to show its still a fairly healthy reef system even with all the constant fishing...

jason p
16-08-2011, 04:25 PM
nice feed there brenno. the bigger model tuskies put up a nice little fight and r bldy beautifull to eat.

jp

supa29
16-08-2011, 08:44 PM
brenno i was on the sunny coast on the weekend and saw the yellow wattle trees flowering so thats a good sign the snapper are there, look for the spots away from the main part of the reef and berley and float baits down, with the rain and run off we had the up coming season should be a cracker down there 12 mile should produce major snapper. and mackeral mate

supa

brenno360
16-08-2011, 08:59 PM
thanks supa ill keep that in mind, im keen as to catch a mackeral i have never caught one before,

brenden

Pointyfish
17-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Brenno is that a Triggerfish in your catch? Did you eat it? Didn't know you could.

brenno360
17-08-2011, 02:40 PM
yer mate it is, we usually keep one or 2 of them, there not to bad eating actually, darker, fermer flesh and stronger in taste but we have never had dramas with eating them... have people said you souldnt or?