PDA

View Full Version : Offshore Moreton 14-8-11

Bull
14-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Hi Gents,

Headed out from Manly this morning at 5.30ish crossed the bar and stopped in and got our livies at the bait grounds on the way up to the northern 29's.

Fishishing was slow at the 29's with only a couple of snapper coming onboard. so it was off to the patch to see if we could get a few in the deeper water. On arrival I was pretty amazed to find we almost had the place to ourselves. We managed another snapper and a pearl pearch.

Then one of the rods with a livie went off and a 25 minute battle which resulted in a yellowfin tuna hitting the deck.

There were Mac tuna everywhere and we managed to catch a couple of those as well.

Anyway it was another great day out on the water.

Cheers Bull

vertico
15-08-2011, 05:53 AM
top stuff mate ill give you a call during the week.

MEG-A-BITE
15-08-2011, 08:09 AM
Good stuff Bull 1 and man do those Mac tuna give you a go they pull real hard on light gear.Good for the young lads.

rosco1974
15-08-2011, 03:18 PM
sounds like a good day out mate.i seen u at manly ramp yesterday arvo around 1/4 to 5 , but had to take my son back otherwise i would of come say g'day.
cheers rosco

Bull
16-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. The yellow fin ended up only weighing 15.8kg I thought it was a bigger fish than that.
Now to eat it we had tuna pasta bake last night probably tuna mornay tonight and tuna fish cakes tomorrow night lol.

Rosco how did you go on sunday did you fish in the bay? We will have to catch up one of these days for a beer and talk a little nonsence.

cheers bull

ozassassin
16-08-2011, 04:06 PM
Good going mate looks like you had a greater day then i did, had to come back in early as my sun got sick so that ended my day around mid day.

Eric

Bull
17-08-2011, 03:40 PM
Hi Eric'
my young bloke has been geeting crook lately as well. Murf mentioned a while back to try quell I think its called. I will have to get some before our next trip out.

Cheers Bull

reefer
17-08-2011, 04:41 PM
nice yellowfin Brett...would have made your day.

Cheers,

Phil

Bull
18-08-2011, 05:57 AM
Hi Phil,
it sure was fun to catch I think the little penn gt330 is a bit buggered though. We had the drag pretty much locked up and thumbing the spool and it was still peeling line off.

cheers Bull/Brett