PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha 130hp fuel filter

fisho8
14-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Went out on my mates Tornament 2000 Bluewater which is running a 130HP Yamaha Saltwater Series 2 Stroke. The fuel Filter on the Back has a resivoar on the bottom of it which you drain any water build up out of when it is needed. However today we were getting a strong fuel smell coming from the back of the boat when we were underway. On inspection we found that this resivoar was filling up with fuel and leaking slowly out of the drain which is only supposed to be used to drain and water out of the bowl when any build up of water is evident. I may be stating the obvious here but is there any chance this filter is faulty as it is not even a year old and the engine had it's 20 hour service about 5 weeks ago I am not that familiar with the Yami's as I have never had one so I am hoping someone here can shed some light on this issue so if need be we can get it fixed.:)

trueblue
14-08-2011, 08:43 PM
was the drain plug tight?

fisho8
14-08-2011, 08:51 PM
Yeah it was mate I drained the bowl till it was empty when we got back to the Pontoon wiped it dry also and started the engine as instructed in the fuel filter itself and yet it was till filling up with fuel which it has never done before according to the owner of the boat. I have told him he will need to get it looked at but I thought I would ask as it may be something simple he can fix himself. Ant thoughts would be welcome.