PDA

View Full Version : Goldfinch Is Back With A Snap!!!

Goldfinch
13-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Hey fellow Ausfishers. Have been absent for a while. Had a messy break-up but came out of it with the boat, the Navara and a new house at Noosaville and a wild lifestyle. Yeehaarrrr I say!!! Going to head out through the Noosa bar tomorrow for a bit of a look around in my new backyard. If you're in the area send me a PM.

Anyway....had a quick arvo session off Cape Moreton week before last with Adam and his new custom plate boat. Nice boat!!! Had a few drifts and around 4.30pm my 7inch Pink Shine got smashed on the drop and after giving this fish some serious stick on 20lb line in came a nice 75cm snapper. Was a great feeling to be back after almost 2 years of No Snapper fishing. Adam got smashed on the next drift and after a long fight landed a healthy looking mac tuna which was soon released. On sunset we waved goodbye to the whales and headed back to Bribie. Lucky the fuel gauge was lying. It would have been a cold night out there!!!

See you out there at Noosa.
Dave

charlie09
13-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Welcome back Goldfinch. Great report and good to see that you came out the other side smiling. When you can do that you know that the worst is behind you. Enjoy your new life style.

Cheers

TimD
13-08-2011, 08:42 PM
About time you caught some fish Davo :thumbsup:

Drop Pistol_P a PM, he lives around Noosa and catches plenty of good reefies on sp's. Brian and i will have to head up for a session soon, teach you how to fish again. :P

cheers tim :)

Redhunter
13-08-2011, 08:43 PM
Some nice country at noosa, ya want to watch the bar there as it gets very shallow at low tide.
steve

Scalem
14-08-2011, 03:29 PM
About time you caught some fish Davo :thumbsup:

Drop Pistol_P a PM, he lives around Noosa and catches plenty of good reefies on sp's. Brian and i will have to head up for a session soon, teach you how to fish again. :P

cheers tim :)

Hey Tim, his Avatar won't be changing in a long time, he is only sussing out where the big fish live till you and I get an invite to the new batch pad.;);D;D It must be time for another video production, only you and I won't be co stars this time;D;D

Good to see you're fishing again Dave, keep the reports coming.

Scalem

jarhead
14-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Nice snap mate.

Wal

rosco1974
14-08-2011, 06:14 PM
well done dave...the original sp guru is back.

Tim_N
16-08-2011, 09:24 AM
Wondering where you had been Dave, I might take you up on the offer.
Talk soon,
Tim

MattChew
16-08-2011, 04:15 PM
Welcome back Dave ... time to start catching fish instead of teenage girls bro!!!! Mind you the wild lifestyle sounds fun ... I wonder if i can get a leave pass? Give me a shout when the weather warms up .. I'll bring the 4.5 up for a weekend of fishing and hookers ;D

Catchya
Matt

Goldfinch
17-08-2011, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the comments Charlie, Steve, Wal and Rosco. Tim D, Scalem...my Avatar will always be a reminder to you of that glorious day!!! You guys make a great film crew. Thanks for the heads up Tim D.
Tim N, MattChew, you are both welcome to come up anytime. Have dual driveways for 2 boats with easy access. 4 mins to the Noosaville boat ramp and 5mins to the Noosa bar. I go overseas next week to Colombia and Vietnam for 5 weeks and then it's time for some big snapper. Sure I can find time for fishing and teenage girls mate, it's work that gets in the way. I went out on Sunday for a look. Got through the Noosa bar no probs. Can imagine how shallow it gets on a low. Went to some generic marks and sounded around. Not much on the sounder all day. Picked up some bonito trolling. Then a couple of Cod on slabs. Nothing on the SP's though. Anyway....lots of research to do before next trip out.