PDA

View Full Version : clark boats

jimbosplumbing
13-08-2011, 02:34 PM
Hi all just been looking around at new boats for myself, looking around the 4.5-5m range runabouts. I was at a clark dealership todays, these boats seem very well priced which has me questioning them. Just seeing what others think about them. What else would you be looking at in these sizes. budget is somewhere between 22.5-30 g.

cheers everyone

fisho8
13-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Mate there are so many choices it will do your head in thinking of them all My old man had 2 4-5.5mtr Clarks he also had an allycraft aswell as a Haines and as young as I was we never had an dramas on the water with any of them Clark Boats have been around since the day dot. You could look at the Stacer Barra range if you are looking at around the 22.5-30k Mark or maybe even the Quintrex Hornet Trophy's. Horizon do a good run about aswell and there is a dealer for them up in burpengary. Bluefin Boats are nice to and do a good runabout series. then you have Stessco,Stessel,Allycraft.Tabs the list goes on. All I can say is take your $$ to the boat show in 2 weeks time. I am going to more than likely buy a Tinny to run around in up in the esturies when the weather is up the shit outside. I do know all the manufactures reduce prices on their stock so the dealers can put together package deals and with the market the way it is you will be sure to get a bargin. Even have a look at the Classified section on the forum here to. Some nice boats there aswell.Good Luck mate.

jimbosplumbing
13-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Thanks alot mate, yeah ive been looking around every saturday for about 2 months now and like you have said its doing my head in all the options. was going to have a break now till the boat show, then more than likely spend a day or or more at the show.

NAGG
13-08-2011, 08:18 PM
what sort of fishing do you prefer ?

Chris

Stu Dows
14-08-2011, 08:48 AM
I have a Clark CC 4.3 with a 60hp 4 stroke for about 1 year and have found it a great boat. I genarally use it up to 20 km off mooloolaba and up the rivers. Outside I am getting out in most weather and it costs a lot less than some bigger boats I see out there. You need to have a think about what you want to do with it I have found its narrow which suits me for towing and parking but this makes it crowded for more than 2 people and rocky outside. As for the workmanship it's as good as anything I have seen and currently I am fabricating pods for the transom to improve stability, when I called the factory for info before I started they where very helpfull. It may be worth mentioning I have a mate with the same hull and his is set up different but very well and IMO set up and fit out makes the boat (choice of motor, controls, souder, radio,esky etc) My only criticism is the transom height but I would not hesitate to recomend it to friends.
Hope this helps

PinHead
14-08-2011, 09:06 AM
first off work out what you want..do you want cross thwart seats, centre console , casting deck...the list can be endless. I have a 4.5 brooker safari, tiller steer and one of those would leave heaps of change from your budget